Sunday, March 13, 2011

POSH (WHNP style)

So, I took my boards 2 weeks ago and I passed them. I am finally truly 100% a women's health nurse practitioner. And I could not be more relieved. And happy, of course. But truly relieved. (And I have 2 jobs in the works....I'll keep you updated.)
For the first part of celebration, Jonmark and I went to POSH.
I've wanted to go here for quite a few months, but it is definitely something that demands a special occasion.
Instead of a menu here, they give you a list of ingredients. If you think you don't like something, you cross it off. Then you select if you want 4, 5, 6, or 7 courses. And then the party starts. They make you whatever they want to from the remaining ingredients.
Jonmark and I each crossed off one thing. It was amazing.
We had 5 courses. They were all different.
Here's the rundown:
Pre-course snack- Cucumber caviar (not real caviar) with cheese and radish sprouts

Course 1: Me- Kumquat endive salad. Him- Pumpkin curry soup















Course 2: Me- Ahi tuna with avocado mousse, blood oranges, and lemon foam Him- Smoked Sea Bass with White Asparagus on a Tomato Sauce


















Course 3: Me- Wild Boar Bacon with Butternut Squash and haricot verts Him- Shrimp with red quinoa and the best asparagus on the planet

















Course 4: Me- Kangaroo loin with mashed parsnip and blueberry glaze Him- Short Ribs on I-really-don't-remember
















Course 5: Me- Chocolate bar on Chocolate cookie with roasted banana sauce and almonds. Him- Pistachio scone with whipped cream/ice cream and strawberries














Post-course snack: Frozen lemon curd lollipops


After-dinner send-home snack: Toffee and cookie pieces
Overall feeling: INCREDIBLE!!! (so fun!)

8 comments:

Bonnie said...

HOW FUN!! NOT A PLACE FOR YOUR DAD, BUT I WOULD LOVE IT!!

Anonymous said...

You think that's cool?! I went there yesterday for lunch and dinner and they know me by name and always have a special table in the back with my name on it just in case i am blowing through town and feel like a little something to eat. Next time you go maybe you should drop my name and the chef will bring you something really special.

Anonymous said...

Booo! we need to know how everything tasted, I think you should redo the entire post with a rating system oh this is Adam by the way.

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

OMG. Things like this make me miss the big city. Desperately.

Hello how cute you two are together!

NPO said...

Congrats on passing the exam, it will be fun to hear about your future employment experiences.

RentMyHeatGun said...

mmmmm TASTY!!!! oh and the food looks ok too :) LOVE YA

Suzette Selden said...

Christin -

Can you email me your phone number? I tried calling but it is not you...

Love ya,
Suzette

RC said...

what ever happened to "normal food"?! I thought I raised you on pork chops, brisket, ribs and bream fillets? Now you're eating all this stuff?! Where did I go wrong?!!!!!