Sunday, March 13, 2011

And this is Jonmark...


Back in November, I decided that I needed to be more social. I would seek out all the little parties that were going on every weekend and I would go to them and have a stellar attitude.
And one Friday night I went to three. The last one was a birthday party on top of a parking garage. The last one I met Jonmark.
I'd seen him once before at church when I thought to myself, "Dude! He is HOT!" but he had never really noticed me. In all fairness, our ward is huge. I asked him what his story was, at which point he told me he broke his back at T7 in 1999 doing motorcross. That really wasn't the story I was expecting, but tell a nurse how you broke your back and she'll start asking questions like crazy. We talked for an hour and a half. We ate ranch corn nuts together that I randomly had in my car (I never have corn nuts!) and it was so good talking to him.
And then he got my number. Like exactly like doesn't really happen in real life.
And we went out twice (remember the sushi snack pack post? Yup. That was us.)
The fact of the matter is, he is gorgeous to me and I didn't really know what he thought of me so it started out as kind of a weird little relationship.
And then he got an infection in February and went to the hospital. And I almost lived for a week at Chandler hospital. We shared grilled cheese sandwiches and tomato soup and nutella and strawberries and peanut butter pancakes. We took naps in his hospital bed and got in trouble when my shoulder blade kept hitting the nurses button. And I told them where to put his IV's (nicely of course) and kept track of his meds a little bit and I might have loved every minute.
And then Valentine's Day rolled around and I got beautiful roses at work and a love note that made me cry and, well, now we're dating.
We had to have massive 5-hour long talks about it and change our mind 3 times because we're 31 and crazy and maybe that's what happens, but it's fun. And he's great. And this is Jonmark. And, um, he's my boyfriend.

7 comments:

Bonnie said...

I like the pictures of him with cute smile :0)

Anonymous said...

yes. your boyfriend is cute.

MindySue said...

ACK!!! I am so excited for you!!! I seriously don't think I can use enough exclamation points. I love your story. It's romantic in a very real way.

Tyler and Ariana said...

Woot Woot!!

:]

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

1. Blogged about! This is impressive.
2. What relationship doesn't have crazy moments?
3. He is cute.
4. You need to mention his voice.
5. I love this. And you.

kristine [kristine. or polly.] said...

Yeah girl!!!! Yay!!!!

RC said...

You didn't mention if he loves baseball or not. To fit in he HAS to like it a little......