Thursday, February 02, 2012

66 Degrees with a slight refreshing breeze....

Just starting out- the skyline was insane, but it's a little blurry here. 
Yesterday I had the day off, which is one of those rare glorious things that happens if you work 6 days in a row. You get one weekday off the next week. And it just so happened yesterday was glor-i-ous. A couple years ago, John & I hiked up Camelback- there are two ways up, and we went up Echo. Yesterday I took the Cholla Trail. Which I had heard was easier. It was not. In fact, it totally kicked my butt. Even so, I could not stop taking breaks to look around and see the beautiful homes and just appreciate the weather that I'm inside far too much to enjoy. Here's a few of my views:
More of the beginning
This is the TRAIL. Do you see it? Me neither. It was a lot of rock climbing near the top. Kind of crazy. Do you see the couple just chillin on the rocks. Yeah, that's a steep drop on the right. 
Looking down on what I just climbed up
More near the summit. My heart was pounding at this point.
(From working so hard) 
This dude was doing yoga at the summit. He thought he was a stud.
This picture was taken not-so-discreetly. 
The TOP!

More from the summit

Summit Part 3 

Is this not the coolest LIZARD ever?

Can you see the roadrunner?

3 comments:

RC said...

The scenery was magnificant, the captions hilarious. I felt like I was reading a Finding Waldo book. Can YOU see the roadrunner? Can YOU see the couple on the rocks? Great pictures though and glad you enjoy stuff like this. Love you baby.

Bonnie said...

Wish I could have hiked it with you!

Tyler and Ariana said...

This totally made me homesick! (Even though I don't really want to move back to Arizona...)
66 degrees? That's over 40 degrees warmer than here!!!
And Camelback is a sweet hike that is basically scrambling up rocks, love it.

love you!