Wednesday, February 01, 2012

Pfeffernuse & Palak Paneer

So my general rule about food is to eat pretty much whatever I haven't before. For example, the other day Jonmark & I went out to eat and I had Turtle soup. I've had a lot of things in my life, but never turtle. Yes, it was delicious. Yes, I had to keep telling myself I wasn't eating those precious little sea turtles on National Geographic.
This month, I've had 2 new things:

1- Pfeffernuse. From Fresh & Easy. But apparently they're not too hard to find. They look like this:
They are Danish, so I figured due to my 50% Danish-ness I was obligated to try them. And I love them. They are like thick, soft-ish ginger cookies with frosting. Crumbly. Thin frosting. They are soo soo good. I love ginger stuff. I had no idea these existed.
2- Palak Peneer. Yes, this one was frozen. I have made not really any new Indian friends lately (I guess I do have a new co-worker friend. Whose mom makes this, she said). Basically, it was curry and spinach and paneer cheese. I had no idea paneer cheese existed. It's kind of like mozarella, but less stringy. Anyways, what it comes down to is that you should try these both. mmmmm.....

2 comments:

RC said...

Where did you get the gene to eat things I can't even pronounce? I have a gene that does not allow me to eat things that I am not sure of their origin. You go ahead and eat the world and I will stick to Texas food.

Bonnie said...

yummy! I wondered how to pronounce them also! ha ha