Tuesday, January 25, 2011

Crossfit


So I started crossfit. Most of you know that being buff is one of those really important things to me. Sexy arms on a girl or a guy is always a little amazing to me. And I want buff arms.
So...I heard about this crossfit thing originally from my sister's husband Adam. There were only about 200 gyms nationwide a couple years ago, but now there are about 2000. Including one put on by my hospital. 5 minutes from my house. I think that's a sign.
Crossfit is basically a million pull-ups and push-ups and some lifts combined with a little running and rowing. I'm on my 4th week and I've never been so sore in my entire life on a consistent basis. Let's be honest, I haven't lifted this consistently since high school (I go 3 times a week). I have to use a band to help me do all my pull-ups (because last week, we did 115 one day), but I still feel stronger.
This picture is not me or my friends. And my gym is not in the woods. It's actually little and not very pretty, but I think that's the point. Crossfit started in people's garages.
The classes have only about 5 people in each of them, which means we all are really good at supporting each other and expecting the others to show up.
I graduate from "Essentials" to real "Crossfit" next week. We'll see if I die. Whoo-hoo!

9 comments:

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

I have only seen one in PC... and it wasn't in the woods but if this was in my woods I would be doing this!

MindySue said...

So impressed. I'm fairly certain I couldn't even do ONE pull-up.

Suzette Selden said...

I so need to do this. Sounds awesome.

Camille Elise said...

Good for you! I'm starting p90x and I'm pumped to have buffer arms too. I expect a before and after picture...!!!

Alexis Kaye said...

You go girl! that's awesome! :)

bradleyjohn said...

Okay girls, she is not doing pull ups in the woods. No woods at all. However.

It is hard. I might have thrown up ten minutes into the first class I went to. I have been doing better since.

Byron Lynn said...

You go girl....sexy arms are a must!

RC said...

are you EVER going to blog again?

indeazgirl said...

I sure hope so.