Sunday, April 17, 2011

Fiddler



A few weeks ago, Jonmark and I went to Fiddler. You'd think I would have taken pictures, but I didn't. Because sometimes I'm a slacker. And really, I want my Canon Elph back anyways.
Anyways, Jonmark and I both independently decided we needed to go see more plays and stuff and be more cultured. So he bought us tickets to Fiddler on the Roof. Neither of us really knew anything about the play, so we were really excited to go see it.
We were running almost-late, but I said to him that we'd totally make it. He said, "I don't know, this theater is really an obstacle course for a wheelchair dude." Oh, yes, it was.
So we got in, but apparently our seats weren't "accessible." So they stuck us in the VERY BACK row. Um, no. That does NOT work. Especially when he paid for VERY GOOD seats. I told Jonmark I'd be right back. I ran down to where our original seats were and realized we were only 6 seats from the end. I explained the situation to our "seat neighbors," who obligingly moved to our seats and gave us the end ones. I ran back upstairs.
I asked Jonmark if he could make it down 6 stairs. He said maybe. We got close. He saw the stairs. "Uh, yeah, not THOSE stairs." Crap. As we tried to figured out how we could do it together, this super cool lady comes and asks us what's up. She was like, "Oh, honey, my husband is totally strong and he'll be here in just a minute."
Her husband and I carried him down the six stairs. He hates that stuff, but I kind of felt like a stud and it made things exciting, so....
So we got into our seats and the usher was like, "Um, we're going to have to take your wheelchair our of this aisle. And we'll give it back to you after everyone leaves."
Fine lady. Really, could you be more uncool?
The show was so cute and fun and really well-done. Apparently the dad in it (Tevye) has done 1500 performances and was incredible. It was 3 hours long, and it didn't seem like it at all.
So, like we were told, we sat in our seats until everyone left. Including everyone who was old as dirt and had to get by us and thought we were the rudest young couple ever. One couple was like,"Are you staying?"
Jonmark was like, "Yeah. We're going to go ahead and wait for Les Mis." hahahaha.
Anyways, the cool people came back and we got back up the stairs and it was all well and good.
Next stop...
Well, Les Mis of course. Or maybe Phantom in Vegas :-)

1 comment:

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

OR Wicked on Broadway?.....