Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Park City Provider Retreat

I feel a little guilty blogging this next bit, but it was just too cool to keep to myself. The four weeks after my crazy Guatemala week were rough. I felt like I basically lived at work, and I did work more hours every week then than I think I had at any time in the past year. I was seriously dying for a break (yes, already). And we got one. See, personally, I feel like my work pays me less than it should. (Which, is why, as of November, I will be changing jobs. Yay!!! :-) ) But, to make up for the money they should be paying us, they take all the providers on magical retreats every year to help us forget about that. And they are good enough that they almost succeed. This one was particularly perfect for me. (And I really was so so grateful for the experience.) We worked Thursday morning, and then flew out to SLC in the afternoon. We had a great dinner and then headed off to our hotel. The rooms were absolutely insane. I've never stayed at a place so incredible in my life!! And I really could have just stayed in the room all weekend long and never left and been perfectly thrilled. But they wouldn't let us.
The next morning breakfast was supposed to be at 7:30. BUT...I decided sleep was more important. So I woke up at 8:30 and went downstairs. They were still eating. So I got to eat AND sleep. Win. Win. We then had a comedy show where they had us learn stand-up comedy, and really, that was just so fun.

This was my hotel room. Yes. Just mine. At the Waldorf Astoria. Oh, are those Viking appliances in my kitchen? oh yes, I believe they are. (I didn't get to stay long enough to cook anything, which was a small travesty.) 


The bedroom. Me+4 pillows. 


The Master Bath (yes, there was another one downstairs). Ahhh!!!

Basking in the craziness. 


Loved these water bottles. 

The View (I swear I had the best in the whole hotel.
I seriously would love to buy this room)

Beautiful trees!!
Next, we went to the Olympic Park, where we spent the day ziplining, riding the alpine slide, and riding the Olympic bobsled. Where you go 67 mph on the same track as the Olympians and experience 4G's!! It was awesome. Not everyone thought so. But I did. It was one of the coolest things ever. 

Alpine Slide! So fun! (Yes, we did have to wear these awesome matching shirts.
I donated mine to the Salvation Army today. :-) )

The next day was Spa day. Beautiful spa day. It was so much incredible. I had a Thai massage, which is basically where a guy walks on you and pushes you into yoga positions. It was fabulous! And then I had this facial done: http://www.hydrafacial.com/, where they basically vacuum out your pores. And I swore I looked younger. So I went and laid by the pool, which, ironically, I hadn't done all summer in AZ. Maybe because it was a hundred bazillion degrees. 
Immediately post-facial. Pretty sure I look 5 years younger :-)

The Spa

Spa Lunch. Melon gazpacho. mmm....

Kristina and Cameron. Kristina and I are good friends. 


These tile recliners are heated!!

We were all just so chill....Roxanne is in the stripes. Love her. 


And after our spa treatments, we had dinner and almost missed our flight home. It was a quick trip, but so fun. And so needed!


5 comments:

RC said...

So last night I watched the World Series game one and then made some of the best banana bread that I have EVER made and did not read your blog. After a long discussion with our IT folks here they told me how to access your blog at work. I had to sign out of my work google mail and log on to my personal account but it finally let me see your blog. A pain but I am here.
This room looked way nicer than my house, don't blame you for wanting to buy it but I think you may have to work at the new job for a year or two before you would be able to afford it, or anything even close to it. That was some room. I didn't quite understand the bob sled video. Pushed you off and someone fell? I guess that was cool... The spa treatments and facials are obviously not my thing but I am so glad you enjoyed it and by the looks on the other womens faces they did too. I am glad that Nick arranges this after treating you all live domestic help or slaves all year long. One three day trip doesn't seem to erase all the crap schedules and long hours you put up with BUT like you said, it ALMOST made you forget them. Glad you had fun and now know how the other half live!

Tyler and Ariana said...

First off, I AM SO JEALOUS YOU GOT TO GO BOBSLEDDING.
*ahem*
Next, you look absolutely phenomenal in your picture after your facial.
Third, when you live in that hotel room permanently, I will be visiting you.
Fourth, I can't wait to hear how your new job is! Even if it doesn't have a fancy pants retreat.

Suzette Selden said...

So amazing! Glad you got to do that before you head to your new job! Miss you.

Jess said...

Oh my gosh that looks amazing. Your room . . . the spa. I have heard about that they had bobsledding along with other fun things to do like zip lining at Park City that we have thought about doing. Looks like so much fun!!

Bonnie said...

Yup! WAY nicer!