Tuesday, October 30, 2012

The Princess

So basically my whole life, my mom and I have talked about how cool it would be to spend a week at a spa. We've thought about it for years, but it's not exactly one of those things you can just up and do. BUT, since their parents have passed, my mom and her sister Jill have some time on their hands, and they did just that. They stayed at the Fairmont Princess in Scottsdale and got 1 or 2 treatments done at the spa every day. And got in a little shopping. AND- they were nice enough to ask me & Brea to come up for a day. I came over Wednesday night and we watched a boring movie (cannot remember the name) and fell completely asleep watching it. Brea came over the next morning and we had massages done at about 10, followed by pedicures at 1. I love spa food, and everything here was so so good.
This is Basil Chocolate Sorbet. Weird? Kind of. Delicious? Definitely. 

Mom's shrimp cobb salad
Waterfall Therapy. Each waterfall is progressively more forceful and
massages your back harder and harder as you walk along. 
Little Lobster tacos. These fit in my hand, and they were just awesome. 

2 comments:

Jess said...

Oh dream vacation to spend a week at a spa. So glad your mom and aunt were able to do that.

Bonnie said...

SO GREAT! I can see OUR spa wasn't quite as "fancy" as your's, but it was wonderful to us!