Wednesday, October 24, 2012

Fancy Feast

So I may have taken a month off of eating healthy to eat a lot of ice cream for dinner. However, I've been doing much better lately. Tonight, I made this: The Tastiest Roast Chicken Recipe Known to Man
Mmmm...so so good. I've been wanting to make a whole chicken since I saw Food, Inc. (in 2008) and started to feel bad about only buying chicken breasts and wasting all its other parts. Four years later, I finally did it. The pictures will show you that I'm not a food blogger, but I still like making fun new food.
Sprinkle generously with salt & pepper

Brown evenly with butter. This got a little smoky. 

30 minutes left to go..... Warning.... it burns the eyes while cooking!

I need a smaller pan. Too much of the sauce burned up. 


3 comments:

RC said...

This looks good and sounded better when you were telling me about it on the phone the other day. Mom may have to get this recipe from you and any other tips you may have to cook this....in her NEW GAS OVEN! Yea! no more electric oven or stove top!!

Tyler and Ariana said...

Yum! I love cooking whole chickens. Did you use the remnants to make stock or soup? Especially when you flavored your whole chicken - that'd be delicious.

You know what I miss? Your insane dinner parties. You guys cooked the most outrageous meals and they always seemed to turn out incredibly. Good times.

Jess said...

I am going to make a Turkey this year just for fun. My sister got us an awesome Turkey Roasting Pan for our wedding that I have never used. Wish me luck!!