Sunday, November 15, 2009

A "Just Right", Interesting, Up & Up Night

I'm such a blogging slacker! Quickly: about Halloween. I had the night off, but you all know I work nights and didn't get up until about 5 when it was basically time to get ready to go out. I was just going to wear my Goldilocks costume from last year (I was in Salem!! Nobody saw it here!), John was going to be "The Most Interesting Man in the World", and Brad had no idea what he was going to be.
So Brad and I went to the store to get white eyeliner and a curling iron while John went to the liquor store to get a bottle of Dos Equis to carry around all night. Brad and I brainstormed for a while until he finally said, "I thought a little about being the house from the movie "Up." Sweet!!
We ran to Party City where we got 12 bright balloons two minutes before they closed (it was 8:30). Brad got to work building a cardboard house. (Note: this is a project that Brad could easily have worked on to perfection for three weeks had I let him. In this time crunch, it just involved rulers, a Sharpie, chalk for perfect shingles, and printed windows. He acknowledged that he knew how sad it was that he just drew the porch instead of actually building an extension. I love how dependable his OCD is.)


We just went to a party that ended up being quite big and pretty fun. My favorite costume of the night was a couple who went as Kanye and Taylor Swift, but peeping tom, the Mad Hatter and the Chesire Cat, and Kramer and Elaine were pretty great.






Brad was the center of attention and loved how many random girls asked to take pictures with him. I loved my curls, but missed the Udy family being my three bears! I had to carry three stuffed ones around all night. And John gave a few people a heart attack at this non-drinking party with his empty beer bottle. Which we all found hilarious.
Happy (way belated) Halloween!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

The most interesting man in the world better have had a "Dos Equis" bottle

indeazgirl said...

he did. who's this?