Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Gross. Part II.


Once again I'm letting you all know a product to never ever buy. Last summer it was Trader Joe's Essential Greens. This week it's Rachel's Flavored Cottage Cheese. I'm really always up to trying new things, and I was so excited to try these pretty little cups of flavored cottage cheese and all their 14g of Protein healthiness. I love Tomatoes and Salt and Pepper on Cottage Cheese, so tomato basil seemed like a great choice. So did all the other ones. I bought 6 of these cute cute little cups, even though they were $1.69 EACH.
And they were terrible. I choked down two, thinking they tasted a little like perfume. Brad refused to try them. John ate a bite or two and declared it tasted like "acidic vomit." I felt validated.
I took the other three and my receipt back to Whole Foods and the super nice guy there gave me my whole $10.52 back (I think that included tax). So I bought some delicious milk and yogurt and will never ever do that again.
Now you know.

4 comments:

kristine [kristine. or polly.] said...

GROSS. I am a sucker for packaging as well :(

RC said...

haven't we read this entry before? Seems we have read this exact same thing prior, maybe on facebook or something?

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

Ewww. Thanks. Sorry you had to experience that... and that Brad is a chicken! ;)

indeazgirl said...

Dad-
I may have talked to you about it, but I'm pretty sure the Trader Joe's experience was as close to this as it got.