Monday, May 30, 2011

Vegas Baby- Day 2!







Our second day in Vegas consisted of us pretending to be world travelers. It started at Mr. Lucky's 24/7 at the Hard Rock cafe where we shared a sub-par overpriced breakfast and where I was reminded once again that Vegas is definitely it's own culture- where dressing slutty and wearing a bikini to breakfast is totally acceptable. However, the music there was awesome and I was reminded of my great love for 90's rock. Yay!
Then we headed to Serendipity 3 for, yup, more food. (It was a long walk!) Brittney had also told us we had to go here for frozen hot chocolate. Which was, granted, completely delicious. However, it was also a 45 minute wait and $10 for one glass, which seems completely ridiculous. The mango sorbet, however, was $4.50 and was completely to die for. It was like 80% mango and 20% sorbet stuff. yum yum yum.











Next, we headed to the Eiffel Tower. It's half as high as the original, and something tells me the view isn't really anything the same, but it was fun anyways. We were up there for about 5 minutes when Jonmark says, "Quick- I need a piece of paper!" And just like that, we started throwing paper airplanes off the eiffel tower. Only 3 total, really, but it was hilarious. As was hiding them from security when they walked by. I think we may have landed them all in The Paris pool.




Next! Off to New York! Which looked like a short walk but really wasn't. We were both exhausted, but we did get shots of the Statue of Liberty and the Brooklyn Bridge. I was actually pretty impressed by how realistic they were. (The one of me by myself is at the real one 4 years ago.)



We also strolled around Little Italy and ate perfect little fruit cups and sat and listened to guys play dueling pianos in the Times Square bar. Basically, it was just chill and fun.
And then I finally got to see the Bellagio fountains. I've actually been to Vegas a couple times with my family but only for about an hour. And I'd never seen them. I had no idea it was like a huge lake!! So fun.
AND...the escalator. This is something I wish I could have taken a picture of, but there was really no way. After going up several elevators over the last few days, Jonmark suddenly says to me as we walk by an escalator, "I can go up that."
"Um, what?"
"Yup. Stand behind me. Let's go!"
And so we did. Like 3 times. And it was awesome. Mostly to see everyone's reaction. As we got off one, a 20-something kid came up to us and was like, "Dude, that was the coolest thing I have ever seen in like, the LONGEST time."
It was.
We finished off the night with delicious Carl's Jr. and a quick stop at the Hoover Dam at night. It was beautiful. And such an awesome trip.

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Did you know that the Statue of Liberty on the US postal service stamp is actually the Statue of Liberty in Vegas? Haha. It was a total accident, but awesome all the same.
Miss you!!

RC said...

That one picture didn't look like you were makin' paper airplanes to me......careful with that boy.

Jonmark said...

Sorry sir. I'm more french than english.

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

I don't know what is better.. this post or these comments! Ha!

RC said...

Jon Mark heh?.....That's my baby you know,Frenchy! Glad you had fun, now stick to paper airplanes until there's a ring on that finger! :O)