Friday, August 26, 2011

I moved!!!

So, I think you all know by now that I basically loathed my last place of residence. At some point, I think I finally stopped complaining out loud, but everyday when I inevitably knocked something off my bathroom counter, I cussed inside my head and looked forward to moving. And finally, we endured our lease and MOVED! Vanie and I now live together, just the 2 of us, and it's lovely. We only live about a half a mile from where we did, but now it's in a beautiful apartment instead of that icky house. We have a fitness center and a beautiful pool and I remember how much I love the office holding my packages for me so I don't have to coordinate my schedule with UPS. So, here's the new place. (It took a while to get it all together and even a little longer to get it all clean and put together).
But first off, did you know you can rent a truck for $20 from Home Depot? This comes in handy when all your friends are at work and your work schedule/vacation schedule prevented you from being home to collect your massive entertainment center. This is me (post-gym, which happens to be next door to Home Depot, driving my cool truck)


The sweet new humungous TV. And the entertainment center from Amazon (that I love). That only took me & Jonmark 2hr and 45 minutes to put together (that's 15 minutes less than most of the people who wrote reviews on it). 

Where the dining room table will go when I either a) make it or b) it goes on sale at World Market
 (I meant to take the recycling out before I took this picture)

The Cute Kitchen

I love my Cuisinart toaster. It toasts perfectly. 

Do you see it? All that counter space? In my very own bathroom? whoo-hoo!

I absolutely love this picture. World Market+50% off the grey wooden frame at Michael's.
It adds just the ambience I was looking for (and it matches my towels to a T!)

Grey clock- IKEA. So nice. 

My huge bedroom! Happy Dance Happy Dance. I can do yoga in here!

Bed Bath & Beyond Clearance. It's beautiful, even if those branches are a little scratchy. 

The other cabinet I put together.  Another World Market purchase that I love.
And I love that it matches my dresser like a dream.
(Do you like my green frame? Someday I'm actually going to put a picture in it.) 

I turned this little closet into a linen closet by installing these sweet little shelves. So proud. 

Closet

Inside my closet

The rest of the closet

Cute sign from Sedona
And you can come visit me.....!

8 comments:

Bonnie said...

NO WONDER YOU LOVE THAT PLACE!!!! IT'S DARLING!!

MindySue said...

Adorable! I love the picture/saying to the side of your closet. Very cute and the bedspread is beautiful. I wish we had a World Market here.

RC said...

You're going to have to "kid proof" that place as Tate is coming to stay with you for a few days! Looks great now, hope it does after he leaves.

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

I need to come visit.

RC said...

I also noticed the stool in the kitchen for the verticallly challenged.....

Sweet Em said...

Cute...and I JEALOUS of your closet in so many ways.

Also, in regards to other posts. That starter salad was huge for a fancy resturaunt. Concert sounds fun.

Fun shopping outing...sigh...such fun.

katilda said...

i love many things about this. Do you think i could rent a uhaul and have a wading pool party in it? i think yes.

indeazgirl said...

Oh dad, you have no idea how much that stool gets used. The cabinets are so high!! And I'm sure Tate will immediately move that stool to wherever he needs it. Probably to get the knives off the wall. I was thinking I don't really have anything to break until I realized my power steering fluid is on the ground, along with my vitamins. I heard he fed grandpa some the other day. haha. :-)