Monday, August 29, 2011

Spa Day

Some of you may remember my pimp 30th birthday at the Valley Ho. If not, see here.  So I'd experienced the hotel, but not their amazing spa. Luckily, travelzoo had a special for a massage and a facial and you could use their pool, steam room, and fitness center the same day. Done.
So, basically, I love this spa. I'm also a little obsessed with turquoise at the moment, so there's that, too. When I first arrived, they took me to this beautiful locker room where I could put on my slippers and robe.
I love those slippers. And then I sat down in the lounge to drink my lemon water, read about Greece, and wait for my massage therapist. And because I was the only one there, I asked one of the girls who works there to take my picture. Even though I felt silly, I kind of had to. Luis was my massage therapist. Luis is from El Paso, is quite good-looking, has Mayan hieroglyphics tatooed on his forearms, and is basically the most amazing massage therapist in the world. I was in heaven, even though he made me focus on my breathing the whole time. Apparently I'm not the most relaxed breather. :-) The whole experience was so fun. You know how usually the MT leaves the room while you get undressed. Not here! Here Luis just holds up the sheet above his head so he can't see you, you hang your robe on the door, and lay down, and then he covers you up. With like 800 thread count silky smooth sheets. It's basically heaven. And then at some point when you're not paying attention, they put your robe in the warmer so that it's all toasty when you're done with your massage. Then Luis stands behind you and puts your robe on for you while you sit on the table all wrapped up. Then you jump off the table and let the sheets fall to the floor. It's not sexy at all. :-)

So, after the massage, it was back to the lounge for an apple, more lemon water, and to wait for my facial. Now, I've only had one facial ever before and it was far to long, and really, I didn't care for it. But  this one had warm towels, like five different cleansers, a clearsonic scrubber, and, again, a toasty robe waiting for me when I was done. And Jonmark randomly told me my skin looked great for like a week. Win. Win. Win.

Afterwards, I put on my workout clothes and went to the fitness center and yoga room, which had basically the best exercise equipment I had ever seen. I ended up not going to the pool 'cause it was already so late and I was feeling very lazy, but it was an awesome day and I love the Valley Ho spa. (And the next week was nurse's week. So I went back for another massage. Yay!)
The cute pool and view from the fitness center balcony

Grass is a rarity here. I walked around just 'cause I could. 
A pretty fountain. 


2 comments:

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

Love it.

I don't know however if it looks like I love it as much as the Waldorf's spa... maybe we both need to go together to try it all out;)

Jess said...

No pictures of the fancy gym?