Friday, August 26, 2011

Shopping for Josh Groban

Back in February, I bought Jonmark Josh Groban tickets. Despite our on-again, off-again relationship, we decided that no matter what, we were "on" for Josh Groban. We went shopping a few days before. First, Nordstrom Rack, where Jonmark got some sexy Seven jeans, a great white shirt, and silver tie. I went shopping a few days later.
Now, I knew I wanted a white or gray dress. And sometimes it's hard to find a dress that's both long enough-sleevy enough and still sexy and fancy. I was all alone, so I dropped by Neimann Marcus. Now, I have not been in Neimann Marcus in years and years. Certainly not recently enough to realize you can actually buy Versace off the rack there. Seriously? I went in, looked around, tried on an $1800 Pucci dress just 'cause no one was paying attention to me, and headed out the door. On the way out, I looked at a $300 white Theory dress and got "caught." One of the sales people asked what I was looking for, found me about 12 dresses, and set me up in a room. She then brought me fancy schmancy Neimann Marcus water and $900 Valentino shoes to try on with my dresses. Of course.
And some spanx. And I fell in love with a dress. Luckily, it was on clearance. And I'm hoping that I will find many places to wear a $200 Diane von Furstenberg, but basically, it fits awesome (And it barely, but totally covers my G's). And I went to like 6 other stores before I bought it, and quickly realized there would be no other dress that came close. Here's the link to a model wearing it. It's so fun to walk in!
And these are the shoes. From Zappos.

p.s. Do you know they don't take Visa at Neimann Marcus? Apparently that's for common people. Nope, only AmEx, Neimann Marcus cards, and cash. Awesome. and ridiculous.

4 comments:

Bonnie said...

Shoes to match?!! Wow!

MindySue said...

GORGEOUS! and love the shoes.

RC said...

Those shoes would let you fit in with the women in our ward. I think they all have a closet full of 6" - 8" heels. :o)

Jess said...

Clicked on the link. I love the dress. I have heard her dresses are amazing. That is funny about the credit card.