Wednesday, November 09, 2011

Cute & Happy Halloween

So this Halloween was fabulous. On Friday, I asked Jonmark to take me to the haunted corn maze.  I had never been to ANY corn maze somehow and I didn't want to go another  halloween without one. I had planned to go dressed up, but I couldn't find my costume stuff at the store (and I worked Fri AND Sat). It was late when I got off, and basically Jonmark told me to hurry up and get my butt to Glendale before we missed it completely. :-) (Nicely, of course)
One thing I learned from this corn maze: If you are going to traverse it in a wheelchair, you'd better have some pretty solid wheels. Adventure wheels. Or a wheelbarrow. Unfortunately, we did not have either one of these. But the people who built the corn maze were super sweet and basically helped push him over all the divots and craziness. They were really worried about me not being scared enough. I was worried that I could do a better job pushing :-) It was kind of scary, though, and beautiful at the same time. Maybe it's the Idaho in me, but I think I could have slept pretty peacefully in the middle of all that corn.




Saturday I got off work all ready to buy costumes, but I was exhausted. We knew what we were going to be, but I was still short a purple dress, a long wig, and a crown. And a cool belt for Jonmark. I went to one store and found some cool shoe covers that looked like boots, but I couldn't find anything else. When I called Jonmark, he said, "Christin, go to sleep. You are going to be exhausted. Give me a list of what to get." Now. Trusting a boy to find your Rapunzel/Tangled costume is a very tricky situation that involves a little more trust than I usually have. But I had no choice. He was right. I was sooo tired. He told me to sleep until 5. He showed up at my house at 5:15 with a perfect purple dress, the perfect wig, and a sparkly little crown. He looked adorable in his vest and henley and boots and belt. He was the perfect Flynn Ryder. (We didn't think about how awesome a frying pan and a fake bruise would have been until later...maybe next year!) We made a quick stop at the Dollar Store for a plastic frog and to JoAnn's for velcro circles so I could stick him on my shoulder. Then we headed out to a fabulous dinner that we waited too long for, and to 2 parties. It was fun to dance and to see everyone's costume, and mostly fun to be dressed up together. Excellent halloween. 

4 comments:

Suzette Selden said...

Such a fun time, y'all look so cute! Love it.

RC said...

Great costumes and such a nice thing he did to let you sleep. He must know how much fun you can be when you're tired! Not sure I know the other people in the last picture or what they are supposed to be but it looked like you were all having a blast. Good job in the corn maze too. I just read a thing on the internet news where some lady in Maine called 911 because she got lost in one and couldn't find her way out. Stupid Yankees anyway. Glad you had fun.

Tyler and Ariana said...

I am so in love with these costumes. Not to mention you pulled it off PERFECTLY!

Jonmark said...

In my humble opinion everyone could use a 'Roller-Ryder' every now and again.