Friday, December 09, 2011

Glendale Glitters

On Saturday, Jonmark and I took a little detour over to Glendale (which is really only like a 15 minute detour from his house) to "Glendale Glitters." Basically it's just downtown all lit up with games and booths and some really terrible dancing (terrible as in well, at least it gives these people a healthy habit). We just kind of strolled around, drank hot chocolate, and watched Home Alone on a screen outside. I, of course, had to confuse the whole concession stand when I asked to have a hot dog cut up in a bowl of chili and cheese instead of a bun. It ended up being the most expensive chili cheese hot dog ever, but it was absolutely delicious. AND!! I had my first caramel apple. I mean, I think I've had one before- maybe at someone's house or something, but I've never bought one at something like this where they are all lined up looking all beautiful and delicious. Jonmark and I shared a beautiful green one with pecans. And it was delicious. And mostly I was super impressed that it didn't even start to fall off the stick. And it kind of was the start to Christmas-time (and now, I really need to decorate...)

2 comments:

RC said...

There's a lady in Shelly that makes some carameled apples that are to die for. Some with white chocolate and some other yummy stuff. We will have to run down and get some when you arrive. SOOOO GOOD!

bradleyjohn said...

It's funny cause I can only remember having them a few times in my life. But last year I went to Jeffrey's mom's to make some, and I had to text her about it this year to make sure it happened again. It's so fun.