Thursday, December 08, 2011

I Miss Her

So once upon a time in Seattle,  I got a custom-engraved ring that I just thought was the coolest thing ever. And I lost it about 4 months later.
But now I constantly think about what I would have a new ring say. I've come up with several phrases over the years and have always thought about ordering another one.
However, I think they've gone up in price. And etsy now exists. I found a girl on here who will custom-make rings to say whatever you want. I was so excited when I found them and thought and thought about what they should say. And I finally decided on these.
The "Integrity" one is like my version of a "CTR" ring. It kind of makes me think about how true I am in the things I do all day.
The other one says, "A LITTLE BIT LIKE VERNA," who was my nana. Who was the best ever. She loved and was happy and served so many people. And sometimes I wear it because I want to be like her. And sometimes I wear it because I miss her. And I definitely wear it on every holiday. Because she loves them.
p.s. The girl who makes these goes by the name on etsy "monkeysalwayslook." If you use the code "monkey15" you can get 15% off. Love you guys! (And even if you don't necessarily order one, what would you have it say?)

3 comments:

RC said...

I think I would have it say, "a litte bit like Christin" because she's happy, loves the holidays,serves others and I love her.

Bonnie said...

I changed my mind..mine would just say: "GRATEFUL"

bradleyjohn said...

You can have two mom. And mine would be:

"No, I didn't just scratch my forehead."

"well rounded" (ha ha)

"i'm picky"

"it comes from my dad's side"

"it's cause I have great parents"

"my sisters taught me well"

"straight home"

"learn patience"

"say thanks"

"she's mine"