Thursday, June 21, 2012

I Hit a Bird

A few weeks ago, I hit a bird. This is not the bird I hit. I stole this picture off the internet (thank you, fellow blogger). The bird I hit is certainly no longer alive as it hit squarely in the center of my windshield as I was going 80-ish on the freeway. Maybe 70-ish. But I think it was the same color. It scared me to death.
I had never hit a bird.
A rabbit once. In 2004.
I generally duck in my car under low bridges and for birds. But now, I am a genuine mess. I flinch ALL THE TIME.
For EVERY SINGLE bird that flies in front of my car. Which, turns out, is often. Poor little bird. It didn't have a chance.

3 comments:

RC said...

Turning you in to PETA as soon as I publish this to your blog....poor defenseless birdie!

Tyler and Ariana said...

So, you know how birds stand in the street, but they always seem to manage to fly out of the way just in time? This one time, I ran over a bird because it did NOT move out of the way. And then I slowed down for every little thing I saw on the road, because it just might be a bird.

Hope you get over the flinching soon!

Bonnie said...

Really, calm down! It could have been a cow:0)