Sunday, June 03, 2012

Italian Deli- mmmmm.......

Tuesday, Kirk and Vanie wanted to go out to eat. I couldn't think of anywhere cool that sounded good to them. And Vanie didn't have any ideas, really. Kirk did. Kirk had a good one.
Apparently 2 miles from my house is a place called DeFalco's Deli. It's an authentic Italian Deli with fresh pastas, cheeses, and about 1000 olive oils. As well as a 100 different sandwiches and delicious Cannolis.  (You might recall that my very first Cannoli was with Emily Udy at Mike's Pastry's in Boston. This was a poor choice. Now, no other cannoli can even come close. These were the closest.) 
Basically, I was kind of appalled that with all my "exotic" cooking and love of shopping that I had no idea this place existed. But I was also very very excited to try it. 
Vanie got a fancy-schmancy mozzarella proscuitto sandwich. 
Kirk got a delicious (seriously delicious) philly cheese steak. 
I got a Pizza Bianca. For $10. I thought it would be individual size. It was freaking hugamungous. 
And delicious. I think it was ricotta on top. It was excellent ricotta. 
We ate on the patio, where the weather was perfect while I occasionally ran in to look around and take pictures. Such a cool place. 








3 comments:

RC said...

Yet another culinary delight for your concurred list! Not sure I would like it all that much but glad you did. I keep thinking that I need to try some other kinds of food besides steak, BBQ and fish but then again I think WHY?! If I like it then why venture out, pay a lot of money for something I don't like and.....This however I might try some day. It didn't sound all that expensive compared to the usual places you go or take me along to pay for.

Bonnie said...

I wish I could live there for a month!!!! I would try anything and everything!!! Yummmmmmmm!

RC said...

Do you think I will ever learn how to spell....Conquered.
really not illiterate just type too fast sometimes and don't know how to use spell check on blogs...sorry!