Sunday, December 30, 2012

Christin's Christmas Decorations

I really loved decorating for Christmas this year. I got some new (much-needed) garland and some trees from Target that I loved. I was waiting initially for them to go on sale, but then they ran out. Like almost completely.
I declared it a mission.
I hit up four Targets.
After 3, I was still missing the middle tree. So, I thought to myself, which Target is selling the least gold glitter Christmas trees. Which one, you ask? Mexican Target. That one. The one that has all its signs in Spanish and English. And the one that had EVERY SINGLE TREE in stock. Whoo-hoo!!!! (That sounds kind of racist in writing. It just sounded like brilliance in my head.) Anyways, this is the result of 2 hours of hard work of driving to multiple Targets.





It goes well, I think with Gunther the Christmas pig, who is happy to be out again.

 Every year since I've been out of the house, I've bought a real tree. Which, I'm sure you know is awesome. And kind of a pain to put up. And water. And get all centered. And try not to kill. And dispose of. etc, etc, etc... So when Vanie begged me to please not get a real tree for the sake of her allergies, I relented. And when Craig and I found this skinny little thing on sale at Target, I was pretty excited. And a little shocked by the overwhelming sense of relief when we set down the already-assembled tree (2 pieces; that was it) and, well, it was DONE. I mean, that was it. And at that point I realized, sometimes you need to realize that life is busy and you should cut yourself a break. And this was the perfect, perfect break. After it was decorated, I realized it looked a lot like a Dr. Seuss tree, and that made me like it even more.
I found this set of Roald Dahl books at Costco.
Luckily Brad was just as excited as I was about them. 

There always seems to be one last Christmas surprise. For me, that was this picture. Which is really awesome to me. I had showed it to Brad, but didn't buy it because it was a little expensive. But then, Kirkland Home had a 50% off sale. So while I was in Idaho for Christmas (Brad & Brea both had to stay and work), they secretly bought it, snuck into my house via my roommate, and hung it on my wall. So cool!! Thanks, you guys. You are the best. It totally made my Christmas.

1 comment:

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

I was at Costco..no books here. Boo...
Fake trees are the best and they get to be kept up for 2 months if you want!
How big is that picture? It looks huge!

So wonderful!!!!!