Sunday, December 30, 2012

Idaho for Christmas

I went to Idaho for Christmas!! And I was so caught up in family that I didn't visit any of my friends. And I'm sorry. I really wanted to. 
The trip started out awesomely at 7:00 when I was told that the luggage weight limit for Allegiant was 40lbs. Not 50. And definitely not 53. Luckily, Brea had put Kaitlynn & Perri's Christmas tutu's in a garbage bag. That I promptly stuffed 13 pounds of clothes and shoes into. Because my Christmas olive oils and shower gels couldn't go through security. The employees made fun of me for my awesome luggage ;-P, but at least I saved $50. Man oh man. 
After that, though, everything was awesome. Bridget came to visit me just a few hours later (my hair's a little crazy here) with John, her new boyfriend, who is super super sweet. (Yes, she drove 3 hours to see me for 1). It was so awesome to see her for the first time since MARCH! And she brought me the cutest little Precious Moments doll because, well, she thinks I look like one. Or I did when I was 4. :-)




Bridget also got me a "Wreck this Journal" which is a very creative outlet for my underused right brain. :-)
 Kaitlynn loved it. Per the instructions, we froze this page. Tate was impressed. 
Candice's kids LOVED the snow. It really hadn't snowed much at all until the 24th. Tate was eager to help Pappa with shoveling. Until he decided to make snow angels.

This is Perri. She's just adorable.

Christmas was good this year. I definitely missed Brad stressing to make sure we got all our traditions done (there was no Jolly Old Santa Claus book, the cartoon Grinch, or ELF for me this year. ;-( ) But I did have so much fun picking out presents for the kids and, ok, well, everyone. I do love myself some Christmas shopping. And hearing Perri say everything was "fretty" (pretty) was maybe my favorite thing. And Candice got me a fabulous cookbook that I want to cook everything in! (It's called The Sprouted Kitchen.) Tonight I made the golden beet walnut salad. mmmm.... (Who knew it took an hour to cook a beet? Not me.) (I also loved my other gifts so much- thank you thank you :-) )
They made for a very reverent Nativity. 

Kaitlynn's Birthday is the 26th. She turned 8!! She gets baptized on Jan. 5th. 

My dad got this humungous salmon from a guy at work. We probably should have cut in in half since it basically could have fed an army, but.....it was delicious. Unfortunately I left the next day. 


1 comment:

RC said...

It was great having you here and even I have to admit it was a little lame without your brother (and his wife). I missed the traditional readings as well. Sometimes you just have to deal and we did. Lots of fun to have you and your sister together again. Next year we will make it a real "memory maker".