Friday, December 21, 2012

Craig Comes to Visit (Surprise!)

One of the most unexpected things that happened this month was a visit from Craig. Craig was the boyfriend of my roommate Tara in Boise, which meant he was over pretty much all the time. For pretty much 3 years. And we were always good friends. We haven't talked much in the last six years, but we do meet up usually when I head to Boise for a bit.
So I wasn't expecting a phone call in late November asking if he could come stay for 5 days 2 weeks later. But, of course, I said yes. I mean, it's Craig.
It was really fun to catch up, and funny how much he remembered. About Christmas decorations and the way I did everything.

We ate dinner the first night at Pure Sushi. We ordered 5 rolls. And could have eaten them all, if the last one "Pure Sunshine" wasn't pure "grossness." Our desserts were also kind of a disappointment, which was pretty lame because usually everything there is amazing. And because they looked amazing. (And our first 4 rolls were sooo good!!!) The couple next to us at the sushi bar couldn't believe we kept ordering, but, um, we were hungry. And it was awesome.

















Saturday night was Mandy's birthday, which was great because she's been really sick most of the year with a weird rare form of MS (Tumective, the doctors think), but she's been doing great this month. And we all had fun time just catching up. 
Sunday was Craig's first 3 hours at Mormon church. And he survived fabulously. We even went and looked at the beautiful Mesa Temple Christmas lights later on.
Monday I actually hosted Midsingles FHE at my house. We decorated Christmas cookies, and somehow this is the only picture I felt was worth taking. I was a little nervous, but it turned out good, and the cookies were delicious. Despite an interesting conversation on the legalization of medical marijuana led by the possibly most ignorant person I have ever spoken to. oh man. 
We also did a little Christmas shopping at Scottsdale Fashion Square and even re-enacted this Carl's Jr Commercial (kind of). Don't you judge me. :-)
It was a great trip, and so good to see such a good friend. :-)

2 comments:

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

I love how this whole post was a surprise! I didn't know you did any of that! Also really? They call it "midsingles"? Weird.

QueenBananaBean said...

I can't believe it but I remember going go see the Mesa Temple Christmas lights when we lived in Phoenix a bajillion years ago (ok maybe 27ish isn't a bajillion...but ya know....). I can remember that and going to SLC for general conference once. And your Dad teaching our Sunday school class and always telling us to remember who we are and what we stand for. And your Dad tying the perfect bows. Random trip down memory lane. ^_^