Thursday, January 22, 2009

I Work Nights in the Brownest State in America


ok, so I haven't verified the brownest state part, but I'm dying here. It rained today. I need sun. I need some green stuff. I need some water. I need a VACATION.
I know you may be thinking, um, Christin, I think you had vacation in September. And October. And you went to the Grand Canyon last weekend. Yes. I know this.
I just need Christin happy time. Again.
See this picture? here?
The first one? The one where she's kissing his cheek? I love this picture. This is a happy day. These are spring flowers. This is sunshine. I can feel the sun on my face and the love of my friends in this picture and I want it be here. (And in case you're wondering, no, it does not have anything to do with the wedding and everything to do with the flowers, the smiles, the friends, and the weather. Also, I know those people are probably all jerks and don't even like each other. I'm just saying that J.Crew did an excellent job of capturing a mood.)
Exhibit 2:
This is the Bahamas.

I can stay here for 4 nights with airfare for about $938. This sounds divine, actually. I also considered Tahiti, but apparently leaving on Saturday for there would put me back $2388. My supervisor Bridget has already said if I need a vacation, just go. I just don't know where to yet. hmmm.
p.s. yes, I am well aware that January is a gorgeous month to live in Arizona. But if I'm here, I feel obligated to go to work, and then it doesn't really feel like vacation. Plus, nobody makes my bed.
Do I sound a little pissy in this post? Do I sound like a need a vacation?

8 comments:

MindySue said...

you know you could always come up to yakima and get carjacked. Thats a new one right? definitely new and exciting!

i don't know what jcrew pic you are talking about. your blog just has a flower photo and a beach photo.

curt and i just bought our tickets to disneyland w/ the girls for May. I think we used travelocity and got a pretty good deal.

of course my idea of a vacation is a guatemalan jungle. so maybe you shouldn't listen to me.

indeazgirl said...

Mindy- You have to click on the word "here" to see the pic. It's a slideshow, so my computer wouldn't save it.
Also, a Guatemalan jungle sounds fun but I don't want to get shots or die.
That's all. :o)
Have fun in Disneyland. That's will be a blast!

Jessica McIntyre said...

Umm Boise is covered in an inversion, just like every winter so I wouldn't suggest coming up here. Sunshine sounds so divine. I haven't seen it in weeks. I want a vacation to, but I am PTOless. I did notice it was SUPER cheap to fly to Pheonix the other day so maybe when my PTO builds back up I can take a little vacation and come see you and your sunshine.

breymom said...

Wow, I wouldn't need a vacation if my clothes were that crisp, pressed and white. J Crew = no kids LOL My one dream was Hawaii by my 10yr wedding anniversary. I felt this was fairly reasonable since I didn't get a honeymoon. Feb 13th is almost here! You and I should go on a honeymoon but, I can't remember what month I met you;)

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

Me. Pick me! I ll go too!

Arizona Sucks!

he he....

Anonymous said...

If I were a millionaire, I'd fly you to Tahiti. As it is, I'll just ask you to send me some pretty pictures if you make it to the Bahamas on your own dime. I hope you get some type of reprieve soon, just to make you feel a bit happier. I love you!

Anonymous said...

p.s. I wish I lived in a J. Crew ad sometimes...

Anonymous said...

there is no j crew picture