Thursday, January 29, 2009

The Purest Sushi






So my friend Dr. Brad (he is kinda working on the PhD thing, and it's hard to not get him and my brother mixed up, so we call him that) hadn't hung out in quite a while, so today we went to lunch. At PURE sushi. Now for those of you who missed this in my last post (or several others for that matter), if you click on colored words in my post, it links to things. Like J.Crew pictures. Or the PURE website.
Anyways, this restaurant is so sweet. It's all white. The white leather booths. The white chairs. The hot pink and white menus. And it's very new, so we had it mostly to ourselves. And our booth was D5. Which, if you're wondering, is the best one. Our server, Jessa, was so sweet. She loves the place as much as we did. It started with edamame and VOSS water. Dr. Brad had never experienced VOSS and was so excited about the bottle. Turns out, though, it was $7, and we could have gone through 3 or 4, so she offered to refill it for us with regular water, which wasn't quite as tasty but was quite hilarious. And appreciated.
The sushi rolls were the freshest I have ever had. Even the wasabi, which I usually don't like, was tasty. And we had some noodles with pink ginger.
Oh. Oh. Oh. And on the movie Prime, which I've referenced before and probably will keep referencing, so you should just go rent it, they eat quail egg, which Uma Thurman says is totally orgasmic, and they had them, so of course we ordered them. Funny thing, our server had just had them for the first time for the same reason. I guess I'm not the only one who orders things because of movies. (Skip to minute 2:25 for the quail egg scene. No words. Sorry!)

And we had mango rice ice cream for dessert that had vanilla pear syrup under it. So delish!

And I even talked our server into a pen. Which I love. And she said she might get us into the VIP lounge when it's finished. yay! This may become a regular hangout.
Good good times.

7 comments:

bradleyjohn said...

"skip to 2:25 . . . and from 2:01 to there is a hot sex scene." it seems like there should have been a disclaimer about this.

MindySue said...

i wish we had access to the variety of food choices that you guys have....i would love to go to that Whole Foods place...and all the places you go sound so good.
what's so amazing about VOSS water?

indeazgirl said...

Mindy- 2 links to why voss is so cool:
www.vosswater.com and
http://stuffwhitepeoplelike.com/2008/02/26/76-bottles-of-water/

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

So Pure is featured in 944 this month and Kevin and I have been debating on wether or not to go... after your review... done. We decided we will... well as soon as he is no longer sick!

I miss you!

RC said...

After wathching THAT video clip I think I will need about a dozen of those EGGS!!!!!

breymom said...

How fun you find the most amazing places to visit! The food sounds so light and good this after eating meatloaf for dinner HAA!

Anonymous said...

I love a man that appreciates something with flair, it makes things more enjoyable. Plus he looks good bald and most men can't really pull that off. Anyways I'm glad you had such a marvelous time in the fanciful existence that you get to call your life. Oh, and I loved the movie clip, I will be renting the movie.