Sunday, January 04, 2009

Orphans

Nobody on earth should have 8 orphan socks. Really? EIGHT? My house isn't exactly 7000 square feet. I can look everywhere pretty quickly. They aren't lying around. Did they fall out of my backpack biking home from work? I mean, really, where could they go? This is nuts. This has not happened previously in my life. Not this bad. Oh, and Candice. You know my brand new lucy Christmas socks? Is there one at mom's house? Are there other orphan socks at mom's house? My whole house seems so in order except for these ridiculous socks!

8 comments:

Sweet Em said...

We had the exact same thing happen and turns out that the darks were done in two seperate washes and the 8 other "orphans" had been set aside until the 2nd load was folded...we found them between clothes in the drawer.

RC said...

It's the hungry dryer syndrome for sure!

Anonymous said...

We have your Lucy sock, by the way, it made it to our house some how !?

Tara said...

I make sock puppets with orphans. Who doesn't love sock puppets??

Byron Lynn said...

You know that it starts with missing socks, and this the next thing you know its your car keys and then one day as your driving to work you say to yourself.....did I put underware on today.....then you know it official....YOU ARE OLD!!!

MindySue said...

Seriously....it has to be one of the mysteries of the universe. Where DO they GO?!?!?! I feel your pain. My house abounds with orphaned socks.

Anonymous said...

I have your new Lucy sock. It just sits on my dryer and looks sad. Sometimes when I walk by it asks, "Is Christin going to come and get me today?" and I always have to say no. Maybe you should make a trip to see me and get your sad little orphan.

Camille Elise said...

I feel ya on the socks! I picked my laundry out of the dryer last night and found 3 of the 4 socks I threw in and thought to myself..."am i losing my mind?" how do you lose a sock from the washer to the dryer? I am suspecting the dryer was hungry!