Friday, January 23, 2009

Legend...ary


John and I went and saw John Legend a week ago today. I know, it is shockingly terrible that I could have neglected to mention such a phenomenal event. John knows most everything that is going on around here due to working at a resort, or I would never have even known about this concert. So even though we both worked a lot, I ran down the day of the concert to the box office (turns out these tickets were not any kind of a good deal on craigslist!) and got the last two floor seats together to the concert. They were great seats. John Legend is sooo sexy. And it was a sexy sexy concert. I have one of his CD's, but not the latest (until amazon.com delivers it to me in a few days), and I was shocked at how incredible this last album was. I may have gotten a little emotional during it (hello, it's a love concert), but sometimes that's a good thing. It was such a diverse and fun crowd. It was packed, and everybody was so happy. John V. and I danced a little bit and sang along. Estelle ('American Boy') opened and she was very entertaining and so fun.
Oh, what an excellent experience.
And I can cross 2 fun concerts off my 101 things list

5 comments:

MindySue said...

is it sad that i've heard of John Legend but I could pick his music out of a playlist. i'm bad. i know. it's amazing we're friends.

kristine [kristine. or polly.] said...

I don't know who John Legend is but I LOOVE 'American Boy'! So jealous!

Jessica McIntyre said...

Look who has started working on her list again. Also now I want to get the CD. He should hire you on his marketing team. Oh and John works at a resort. What does he do?? That sounds like it would be a fun place to work.

Byron Lynn said...

What no 2PAC?

Anonymous said...

your life is so fun. maybe in my golden years i'll have as much fun as you do, if i can still remember my name and where i'm going.