Friday, March 06, 2009

Singing the Praises of ULTA

So I never thought I would say this. Sephora is one thing, but I'd never previously found the appeal of ULTA. For those of you who aren't familiar, it's kind of a cross between a drugstore, a hair supply store, and a department store beauty counter, and it carries only those things that exist for the sake of making you possibly prettier. Still, I'd never found anything amazing there.
But. A Detour. I have some seriously white-girl legs. They are strong and very functional, but white enough that I try not to show them off too much. During the winter, I wear "hooker boots" to church almost every week, which works just fine, but eventually I have to employ sunless tanner again.
And I have tried a ton of sunless tanners. And the best one ever is Hawaiian Tropic Island Radiance gel.

Which is only sold at WAL-MART and only during the SUMMER. So I recently bought a smokin' hot dress which I need to tan my legs and I've been looking all over the internet for this stuff. And I don't want to pay $6 shipping for a $9 item, and it has been altogether just frustrating. But I finally went to ULTA's website and apparently they make their own for the same price and it looks very similar so I was just going to go buy it today (by the way, this place is less than a mile from my house). And right next to ULTA sunless tan are bottles and bottles of Hawaiian Tropic Island Radiance. OH, I AM SO ECSTATIC. I know this seems silly, but I am genuinely thrilled.
Also, they also sell Davie's Gate stuff, and while I generally do not buy people lotion as gifts, if I did, it would be this fancy brand, and I'd never seen it in a store. So, ULTA has my loyalty. And I'm sure I'll find a few reasons to go back.

3 comments:

Maria said...

Hooray! I bet my white legs put yours to shame! Thank you for your years of research. I'm going to buy myself some Hawaiin Tropic Island Radiance gel...oh, wait. Where's the closest ULTA store again?

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

I wanna see the new somkin hot dress!

RC said...

You're welcome for that lilly white skin. I am sure it came from my gene pool. Gotta be my mother's fault.