Wednesday, September 02, 2009

Why, Hello, Doctor....


I STARTED SCHOOL!! This is a picture of me on my first day of grad school (on the 24th). My mom wasn't around to take a picture of me and Brad was asleep, but it's kind of a tradition so I took one anyway. (Besides, I got my hair done on Saturday and bought a new flat iron AND a new hair dryer and if I'm going to spend that much unexpected money, I sure as heck am going to take a picture of it!!)
I took the light rail to school, which made me feel very grown up. It's only about a mile walk, so I got up early and embarked on pubic transportation for the first time- other than for just fun. Actually, Brad woke up that first morning luckily, told me 40 minutes was NOT early enough, and drove me to the stop. (I really had no idea how long it would take. And it's 40 minutes to Downtown Phoenix from the time I get picked up.)I was still five minutes late, but it wasn't too bad.
And then my laptop broke. On the first day of school. AHHHH!! Nothing could probably have stressed me out more than to start six online classes (I go to school for one week in Aug, one in Oct, and one in Dec; everything else is online) and have my computer crash. It should be back in a couple days and was under warranty and Brad's works, so I'm not completely dying. Not that I don't miss it terribly.
But...classes were all good. I got the hang of the light rail; There are 12 girls in my program and they all seem very nice.
Am I a little stressed by the thought of all this self-paced work? Yes. Mostly that I'm just going to forget to do something, but so far, so good.
My professors all seem really cool. Unfortunately, they are all doing things I find fascinating, so narrowing down my choices seems stressful. But I think I'm going to love this women's health thing.
So that's that. DNP, here I come!

3 comments:

RC said...

I for one cannot wait to call you Doctor 'Biener. What a great day that will be! Your daddy is SO proud of you. Now go get married and make some babies for me to spoil! :o)

Katie said...

love the hair and good luck with school!!

bradleyjohn said...

Yes you read that right. Brad woke up around eight. In the morning.