Wednesday, September 09, 2009

D'Jango Montana


Last week when Bridget was here, her friend Matt invited us to lunch with him & his friend D.J. At The Royal Thai Grill.
From first glance we were a little worried, but the sign on the front door was even more curious, "Bathroom for clients only." hmmm....is this a problem around here? I mean, granted it was a shady part of town, but do people off the street just come into use the bathroom?
As it turns out, yes, they do.
While still waiting for the guys to get there, Bridget and I were perusing the menu when this guy showed up:

Yep. The one in the Joe Montana jersey leaving the bathroom. As soon as he entered, a man I can only assume was the owner ordered him to leave.
"But I just need to use the bathroom!" he said.
"Can't you read the sign?" said the owner
"Dude, I'll give you a dollar! I just need to use your bathroom!"
"I don't need any money! I just need to stop cleaning my bathroom all the time!"
"Dude, I'm not going to piss all over the wall..."
They were literally yelling at each other across the restaurant. I almost wet MY pants I was laughing so much.
Eventually the owner conceded and the guy got to use the bathroom. Who knew there was even more excitement left to come?!
About the food: The sticky rice came in this cute little bamboo thing, the lemon chicken was excellent, and the egg roll was the best I've ever had. And the noodles in the soup were the exact same size as the spoons! How fun!




About the ambience: Well, you can check out the birthday table and the statue of King #5 (I don't know who he is, but that's what our server said.)



Moving on. So we're all sitting there talking about people and names when somebody asks D.J. what his name stands for.
"D'jango."
"What?!"
"My dad really liked this jazz musician Django Reinhardt so he named me after him. My mom was in charge of my middle name. So my middle name is Montana.Because it was pretty. I don't know if she meant the name or the state."
"Whoa, whoa, whoa," I said. "Your name is D'jango Montana?!"
"Yep."
"What were your parents like?"
"Well, my mom was kind of a flower child. And my dad was...well, they call them cosmic cowboys."
Here's what the internet had to offer:

Apparently cosmic cowboys are hippies who wear cowboy hats. Beautiful.
So here's a picture of D'jango Montana. Because you will never meet another one.

3 comments:

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

LOVE.IT!

RC said...

I just want to know if he actually did Pee on the wall, just to make the owner mad. Did anyone check it out? D;Jango Montana and you had to ask what a cosmic cowboy was?! Wayyyyyy too many drugs is the answer......

Anonymous said...

Wow, that was a fantastic little outing. I think I'll make Adam be a cosmic cowboy for Halloween instead of Batman. Way more street.