Saturday, August 09, 2008

Revolting



So, in 2005, this blog began over my favorite brands, my favorite items, what I thought constituted the Best. I don't think I've ever devoted an entry to The Worst. Until now. 
This is Trader Joe's Essential Veggie drink. Wow. Is it awful. Now, let's not consider me completely naive. I knew buying it I wouldn't be in love. It is, if you read the label, 2 full pounds of liquified veggies. No where on the bottle does it say tasty or delicious. But I hadn't had too many veggies lately, so I tried it out. For $3.69! Lets just say I fought waves of nausea for about 5 hours. So did Ariana, who I somehow convinced to taste it. And Bridget, who didn't think it was that bad (okay...), but still felt a little nauseated later. It's a cross between liquid cucumber and liquid celery with a little kick of...hmmm...Radish? at the end. Just save yourself. Eat a head of broccoli or two. And take a multi-vitamin. Do not attempt this. (By the way, Trader Joes has already been notfied via a letter very similar to this posting. And they will let me take it back. Which I very likely will.)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I still cannot believe how incredibly horrific this drink was. I still get queasy thinking of how nauseated it made me. BLEH.

MindySue said...

thanks for helping me dodge that bullet. sounds HORRIFIC. i feel that way about red bull.