Sunday, December 06, 2009

Meet You at the Valley Ho!!


(What I love about flickr is stealing the picture of the outside of the hotel where you stayed since you forgot to take your own!)
So last night I went to my own 30th birthday!! Technically, my birthday isn't until Christmas Eve, but people always seem to have plans (lame) on that day. So Bridget planned it a little early. And then, when she couldn't come (boo), John took over the hosting duties.
First, we ate at olive & ivy, which I ADORE. It was positively delicious and it's such a cool place. I've been there for breakfast and lunch, but I'd never been for dinner. Bridgette and Brittany from work (and their guys) came, Phil & Vanie& Natalie (who hauled there straight from work), John, Me, & Vanessa. Arriving just a little past schedule were Lena, Ariana, & Tyler. :-)And Brad met us at the hotel. Along with the Amber Ray & her friend Steve. The girls (mostly) wore red and the guys (mostly) wore black and it was great times. Vanie had bought me the shirt as an early birthday present and it was so flirty and perfect and I loved it.
So dinner....Our appetizers were amazing hummus & delicious bacon-wrapped dates (yum). I had sea bass, veggies, and mushroom ravioli. John had Free-range chicken which was incredible. Phil had sweet potato ravioli. Vanie had a flatbread pizza. And everybody else was sitting too far away to know for sure, but everyone was happy. Ariana and Tyler had fries with truffle dipping sauce. yup.



Then we all headed over to the Valley Ho. Now, this party was initially supposed to be a surprise, but some kinks got in the way of that, so I knew about it. But I hadn't seen the room until that afternoon. So originally, Bridget & John had gotten a studio. And then, through some conniving, we got an upgrade. To a CONDO. With a sweet retro kitchen, concrete ceilings, a glass shower, a rotating flatscreen TV, and it. was. amazing.
John had gotten a cheese platter from Whole Foods (delicious) and some crackers and 5 different flavors and bottles of Sparkling Cider. So we had a "roast & toast." During the "roast", I got teased about my blue steel look in the mirror (yes, it's that bad), my absent-mindedness, and my utter refusal to spend more time on my hair. And my flirtiness. Among some other things. And everybody was really sweet to me on the "toast" end of things and I felt totally loved and appreciated and it was so awesome.
Then we ate a few little cupcakes from Lulu's (that Brad picked up) and watched 13 going on 30. Which is kind of long the second time around, but still felt very appropriate. There are definitely a few classic lines from it....I told everyone they could call me "Thirty, Firty, and Thriving" all year long if they wanted to. :-)

Just a couple of us stayed the night. So this morning we cleaned up and then took pictures all over the room to make sure we remembered every little bit.
I left wearing my pajamas and their slippers. And with the soap. And the stationary. And.....well, I won't be forgetting the Valley Ho anytime soon.
Thanks everyone (especially John & Bridget) for your ideas and all your very hard work yesterday (John).
It was a totally rockin' party, and I couldn't have imagined anything more fun.
THANKS!! LOVE YOU GUYS!!



2 comments:

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

Coolest window shades ever... they look kinda familiar. ;)

So I hope that the next time you see me you are planning on making me some sea bass.

RC said...

Sounds like it was a terrific party for one terrific young woman! You have some great friends and they must love you a lot. Although we were invited, it was much better that we didn't show. We love you a ton and wouldn't have spoiled your day for nuthin'! We'll see you in a few weeks for the REAL birthday bash....