Saturday, April 07, 2012

Rodjjah

Oh, Rodjjah.
One of the most fascinating parts of Jamaica was the variety of people we got to meet.
But the most unique of all people had to be Rodjjah.
Rodjjah was a performer one night at Sandals Montego Bay. He sang a lot of 80's and 90's love songs that people went crazy over. He had some fabulous moves, I have to say. And an incredible voice. But I had to laugh at the cheesiness of it all. I had no idea well we would get to know each other. (Not like that!)
See, Sandals MoBay has an Irish Pub. Yup. That's right. It's open until 2 or 3 every night and the employees all dance with the guests. And sometimes the performers do, too. So we met and danced with Rodjjah.


 The next day, he was headed out of town when he saw us on the beach. And we proceeded to spend the day with one of the more hilarious people I have ever met in my life. We were laughing all the time (and I think the other guys might have been getting a little jealous!). We even all played bingo together.  Rodjjah is apparently not big on bingo and didn't realize he had one by going diagonal long before anyone else. When I pointed it out to him, he jumped up and started yelling, "BINGO LONG TIME! I HAD BINGO LONG TIME! LONG TIME!" It was so freaking funny. Kind of like the fact that he wore his sunglasses and military boots and delicious Russian cologne to the beach. And what we learned, is that
1- Swearing can be hilarious with a Jamaican accent
2- There is nobody quite like Rodjjah.
3- He told us to spell his name differently than this.

Waiting for Bingo to Start (Anthony with Vanie. He loves her.)



Enjoy his music video:


3 comments:

Bonnie said...

I can see why all the "older" people like me love his music! lol He is nice to look at, but HE likes his looks more than anyone else I bet!

RC said...

I echo mom's comments. You do realize, even with your spray tan you look a bit "pale" next those guys?! I don't care for the music but hey, there's no steel guitar in there so what did you expect?

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

There is no words.