Wednesday, April 04, 2012

Ya' Man! Lovin' Jamaica.

Putting into words how to describe the last 5 days of Jamaica might be a little bit difficult. I've never used Twitter, but the whole trip I thought to myself, "This twitter feed would be the best ever." Here's a sampling of what it might have looked like:

First night- it was dark. We got in about 9.:
"Attention: our hotel is in the ghetto. I just might die here. Ho. ly. crap, Jamaica."
"Apparently a first rate hotel in a third world country is like a 3 star hotel in America. Maybe 2."
First night- a few hours later:
"Dancing reggae in my swimsuit with Jamaicans eating Jerk chicken. Awesome."
"First virgin pina colada: within 30 minutes of arrival"
First morning, first glimpse of turquoise water:
"Holy cow I'm in Jamaica!! This water is insane!! Are you kidding me?!! I love this place!"
And the rest of the week:
"Just ate porridge for the first time. Peanut porridge is like peanut butter soup for breakfast. Oh my gosh, I love porridge!!"
"Star apples = mushy coconutty fruit. love love love."
"Swimming in the ocean while Brittany rubs herself with mud- for its healing properties?"
"Impromptu sailboating trip. So beautiful. Love these Jamaican guys!"
"I just snorkeled!!! Hello, Nemo!"
"Apparently glassbottom boats on the ocean make me seasick."
"Dinner in Jamaica gives whole new meaning to the phrase, 'taking your time.' breathe. breathe."
"On the other hand, when did you last have a two and a half hour dinner with no cell phones?."
"Living in a swimsuit = much better than I thought it would be."
"Playing the bongos on my balcony. Ahh, sweet life."
"This water cannot be real."
"I haven't looked at a clock in 2 days. Or has it been 3? :-)"
"Beachside wedding reception/dinner/dance party: the most breathtakingly awesome experience yet."
"How can you put this much whipped cream on a pineapple?"
"Off to find Vanie and her new Jamaican boyfriend...."
"Playing bingo on the beach with an international reggae singer. In military boots. Him, not me.Yup."\
SLEEPY
"Beach. Ice cream. Hot tub. Lemonade. Cookie. Repeat."
"Day 3: The day we are all apparently acclimated. We all forgot our bras to change into."
"Radiator exploded. Brittany just jumped out the bus window. Excuse me, I have wounds to clean."
"Just had a 3am taxi ride back to the hotel from a man named Sleepy."
"Eating dinner on Kokomo. KOKOMO."
"Talking with a gay Rastafari guy about Mormons and herbal healings. He has my number."
"Dancing reggae with a guy named Ramario. Feeling so cooool."
"Ya, man."
"Hotel woman just dropped off 4 mangoes she picked for us from her backyard!- apparently her kids don't like them."
"Currently rowing a 30ft bamboo raft down a river in Jamaica."
"Safe at home. Love you Jamaica. Thanks for letting me love America again."
Much much more later! Good night!

3 comments:

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

Ok.. fine... I'll get married somewhere tropical and make you spend a week there...

HAHAHA Joke. How about lets just go somewhere tropical once a year?!?!

So happy you had a blast! Can't wait to hear more!

RC said...

This entry was possibly more entertaining than the 20 minute phone call you made to me while driving to work today. Lots more in this entry than what you told me over the phone but it sounds like you had a ari time there, eh,mon? I am so glad you enjoyed it and most happy that you are back safe and sound and I don't have a new Jamaician son-in-law! I have to have clocks in my life....

MindySue said...

That sounds SO fun! Glad you got a vacation!