Saturday, July 28, 2012

Dad Comes to Town

I posted a little bit about this earlier (and found out that, unfortunately, he wasn't at Whole Foods, he was at AJ's, which explains the Diet Pepsi. AJ's IS the snootiest store in Scottsdale, but definitely NOT the most "granola," but, anyways, my dad came to town a few weeks ago. We had a great time together, and it was so good to see him. Unfortunately, I had to do a lot of working and couldn't take any time off, but we did spend our evenings hanging out. Dad's biggest gripe about coming to see me is the fancy places I take him to eat. So this trip, I chose two barbecue places with one fancy place in between. He didn't like the fancy place, but the other two I would say were a success.
At Joe's Real Barbeque. I love their beans and turkey.
Dad even liked their turkey. 


My Butternut Squash Enchiladas from The Herb Box. So So Yuummy. 

Jonmark came with us here. They both had the New York Strip. They were both disappointed.  The should have gone with the "marinara from Narnia" our server suggested (he was kind of a fruitcake. Jonmark and Dad were trying not to laugh at him. They almost succeeded.)

Doesn't he look excited to be here?

That's a better fake smile. 
 Vanie came with us to Rudy's. I went to Rudy's in October in Austin with Byron. It's about as Texas as it comes, and it just came to town. Dad said he would have seasoned the brisket more, but, overall, it got 3 1/2 stars, I think. Vanie, however, was appalled at all the meat and has sworn off meat for the rest of her life.
Delish.

"Sissy Sauce"

No Plates, just food. Best creamed corn ever!

1 comment:

RC said...

You're correct it was not Whole Foods but still way too granola for me. Snottiest store may be the correct description. The BBQ places were both very good and both needed to add a little more spice to the brisket. The pulled pork at Rudys was the BEST I have ever eaten...even better than any I have cooked. My brisket is still better though. The Herb Box...well, let's just say it stunk and call it good at that. Fun trip and great to see my baby again, like always.