Saturday, July 28, 2012

Getting Ready for Guatemala!

Picture taken mid-injection :-)
So I meant to post this like 2 weeks ago when it all started, but....
I leave for Guatemala in 3 hours. So now the excitement/panic is really crazy. On the 12th, I had an appt with my new doctor. My pre-Guatemala doctor. I got a Tetanus shot in one arm and typhoid in the other. I got my prescription for Malarone, so I don't get malaria. He also recommended Cipro, Azithromycin (both antibiotics) and Phenergan, an antinausea med. Man, am I glad I went to see him. (He'd been there before and had so many stories and useful info.) And I now have more prescriptions than I may have ever filled at one time in my entire life (not trying to jinx anything here).
I am partially in charge of bringing medical supplies. I didn't think I knew how to get people to donate, but turns out I had like 9 boxes of stuff to go through today (lining things up was a pain in the butt). Four hours later, my living room went from this:



To this (still not calm about checking these boxes):

 And my bedroom looks a little like this:

Yes, those are Cynthia Rowley Band-aids. And the best sunscreen ever.
SPF 15 Target never burns me!

1 comment:

RC said...

I haven't checked this blog for over a week because I thought you would be too busy to blog getting ready to go and then of course no internet access while you were there. So that is my excuse. We talked about the boxes of stuff but I never realized there was so much STUFF! You are now out of the jungles and preparing to head to Belize. Due to arrive the same time that hurrican Ernesto arrives by the way. The jungle set your mother into a fit of panic but the hurricane seemed to have doubled that fear. We love you so much and hoping you will survive this storm after all you've been through so far. Good times for all I suppose.