Wednesday, July 11, 2012

Ron in Whole Foods

My dad is visiting AZ for work, and lucky for me, he gets to visit me, too.
But weird things can happen when your dad's hotel is in "North Scottsdale."
My dad today was hungry and drove around until he found a store that said "food" on it.
To my great delight, this was "Whole Foods," a store I find fabulous and my dad finds ridiculous. And, until today, somehow did not know existed.
And I'm sure all the employees wonder how on earth he ended up there.
Like when he asked, "Do you guys have any real food in here?" (He was looking for almonds. They did have some.)
Or when the cashier asked, "Paper or Plastic?" and he responded, "Whichever one is closer." And she said, "Well we should use paper- it's better for the environment." And he responded, "Who cares?" (Not everyone, but everyone in Whole Foods....) :-)
I'm still not sure how he found a Diet Pepsi in that place, but I'm sure glad he did.
That was the highlight of my day.

2 comments:

RC said...

And not exactly the highlight of MY day. What a bunch of granola weirdos. Who in the crap CARES about what type of bags they use? Have they NOT heard of RECYCLING? Even Idaho does that. I couldn't get outta there fast enough. I'll look for a FRY's next time.

Tyler and Ariana said...

I laughed SO hard reading this. Awesomeness.