Sunday, May 12, 2013

2008

As of the last couple hours, I am in a mood. A mood that I can only describe as "2008." What does that mean? To me, it means working 3-12's, which also means having 4 days off a week. Four days off to hang with my little brother and do whatever we could come up with. Cooking, snowboarding, rafting, or otherwise exploring. It means Ariana or Bridget or both come over at least every other day. It means John Vizzard will fall asleep on my living room floor because, well, even if you're exhausted, #1064 is  a great place to be. 
I definitely miss those 2008 times because in 2008 I had an Arizona family, and I loved them. 
Everyone is really spread out this year. Ariana is in England. Bridget in Utah. John and his wife in Chandler. Brad and Brea in Gilbert. And me, maybe moving 40 minutes west (ahh!) to Peoria to be closer to work. Even my roommate Vanie will be moving 20 minutes away when she gets married in 33 days. 
It's been a crazy year, but I'm grateful for them all. 
I miss this blog, and I should. Facebook is no substitute when you really want to share your life with the people closest to you, and that's really what this was always about. So-
it's time for me to catch you up on 2013. 

2 comments:

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

AMEN! On all accounts.

Tyler and Ariana said...

I miss you! So glad you are blogging again. I need it :)