Sunday, August 03, 2014

Candice Comes to Visit!

Let me tell you how many times Candice has come to see me in the past all by herself: 0
Let me tell you how many vacations Candice has taken alone in the last 10 years: 0
Let me tell you awesome it was that Candice came to see me 2 weeks ago all by herself on a scale of 1 to 10: 10!
So Candice and I had planned a few months ago that she would come see me. She had never seen my house, and I hadn't seen my family since January, so....we booked a flight.
And we had so much fun.
White Chocolate Grill
We met up at the airport on Thursday night with Brea and Brad and all went out to dinner at White Chocolate Grill, where everyone's food was great except mine. Do not order mushroom crepes. That mushroom gravy tastes straight out of the can. bleech.
Anyways, it was nice to be with everyone. All the siblings hadn't hung out in quite awhile (1999?).
After Zumba
The next day was Zumba/spa day. We drove around forever trying to find a good Zumba class that wouldn't charge us $15 each to drop in and we found an awesome class at Fitness One. The instructor was awesome, and everyone said we did a great job (I thought so!).
Then we showered and headed to d'lish for lunch. I love this place so much and I think I've taken every one of my friends who have visited to it. I had the California club, Candice had the chicken pannini, and was in heaven.
Then- to the Valley Ho Spa where we had booked massages. I didn't realize this was Candice's first massage, and it's probably not the place to start as now every other massage will probably be somewhat of a letdown. The massages were amazing. When I came in the lounge afterwards, Candice was like, "That was amazing. I will no longer be coming to the house from the airplane. From now on , it is straight to the ValleyHo for me." Afterwards, we just laid by the pool and drank virgin pina coladas and enjoyed the fact that we had absolutely nothing else we had to do.
Then we stopped at Home Depot and picked up some planters for the seedlings Candice had brought me all the way from Idaho in the hopes that with a good start, I might be able to keep something alive.
That night was sushi at Pure Sushi and, well, it was awesome as always. Although, I think we didn't like the fire dragon roll so we'll skip that next time. :)
Saturday morning we met Brad and Brea at Snooze, which was incredibly delicious, and I danced with this adorable 8 month old (?) in her high chair next to us. SO CUTE!! While we waited, we went to a second hand shop called My Sister's Closet, where I found great shoes, a skirt, and a dress. Win. Win. Afterwards, we stopped at Nordstrom Rack where Candice found her birthday present from me and we found Paul and great shirt and tie.
Afterwards, we planted plants and installed the water filter behind my fridge. Saturday night Candice made amazing chicken sausage fettuccine for Brad and Brea and me. Then we watched Clueless and I fell asleep, but tried to make Candice think that I didn't by quoting the last 5 minutes of the show :-)
We went to the first hour of church on Sunday, and then ran her to the airport. I would have cried, but I was seeing her next week, so, well, we didn't. Such an awesome girls' weekend!


Sometimes Candice and I don't look much alike.
And then sometimes we do. 







Candice kind of looks Asian here, but most of all she looks very happy. 



Brad does not have a goofy eye except in this picture. 



1 comment:

Bonnie said...

You are such a good sister! Candice had such a fun time and came home feeling happy and rejuvenated. P.S. I love that green skirt!