Sunday, August 03, 2014

My half-birthday & Meeting Paul :-)

June 21st was my half birthday. I hadn't really felt like celebrating at Christmas time, but I definitely was in the mood to party this summer, so we had one. And combined it with kind of a housewarming party. It was fun, lots of my friends from the East Side and from over here came. I bought a new grill from Target and we had delicious cupcakes and just chilled and bar-be-qued and it was great.
And I met Paul.
Paul was Bridget's friend from back-in-the-day (like middle school back-in-the-day). They had been talking a few weeks before and she suddenly was like, "I feel like I'm talking to my friend Christin. You need to meet her!"
So we became Facebook friends.
Now, for those of you who have not been single in awhile, this is where set-ups usually start and end. You check in every once in a while and never really meet or go out or start any kind of anything. But Paul put his number on Facebook. (I think because he got a new one.)
And I said thank you. And called him.
And at some point we talked until 5:30 am. (Ok, really, he talked for the last few hours I think because I was DYING and I went to work on 2 hours of sleep the next day. In all fairness, I don't think he slept at all. And then drove to another state. Or something crazy like that.)
This only happens when I
run on 2 hours of sleep
We decided to meet at my half birthday. I thought he was going to come early, but he was working on a job that he was at until like an hour before the party started. He called at 3:45 and told me he was all dirty. (And he didn't really have time to go home.) By this point I trusted him enough to leave my key under the mat and a towel out and let him take a shower while I was out running errands. Don't ask me why. I just did. Plus, I didn't want to meet him all dirty!
When I got home, there were a dozen roses waiting for me on the table, and the cutest guy I'd ever seen putting on his shoes and socks. :-) I think I blushed, I hugged him, then I ran out to get the ice out of the 108 degree car before I got distracted and it melted everywhere.
We kissed on the porch like ten minutes later just before everyone else started to arrive.
He even went to church with me the next day. We hung out for a few hours afterwards, and then he got in his truck and moved to Utah.
Life is crazy. (But this story is not over.)





No comments: