Tuesday, December 30, 2008

The Capricorn Emerges

I will think of Byron as I write this post, because of all the other Capricorns I know, he's the most like me. Happy Birthday tomorrow, B!!
So I love love love this time of year. It's like productivity kicks in every Dec. 26th. I set lots of little New Year's Resolutions. For example, I will work out every single day this year and count doing 15 push-ups as working out when necessary. I know, of course, that this will not happen. In fact, I already missed the 27th. But it's not the first of the year yet so it doesn't count. This is a practice week.
The week where you buy your pretty new calming yet motivating calendar.
The week where you break out your planner and plan new plans.
The week where you stock up on groceries and start cooking dinner again.
The week where you send it your application to the Dr. of Nurse Practice program at ASU. (Yay!!)
The week where you consider that maybe mint.com might actually be a good idea for this whole budgeting thing.
The week where you feel organized and productive and thrilled that the weather in AZ feels like Sept in Boise and you just hold out and hope this whole thing can last.
Happy New Years!

2 comments:

Sweet Em said...

HA! Your fellow Capricorn just starting imputing accounts into mint.com yesterday. Hilarious.

Jessica McIntyre said...

So I am not so sure about mint.com so maybe put a hold on that one. It seems to have some glitches. Also I am so happy you love your sign because I don't feel like mine fits. I am just not really an Aries. Motivated and determined. . . nope not me. I didn't work out for a week until today and now I am laying in bed eating Holiday Mallows (holiday marshmallows so yummy