Tuesday, December 02, 2008

A Saturday Thanksgiving

So I worked 5-12 hour shifts this week. I got off work Sat. morning and headed down to Bullhead City (in our rental car). Brad drove and I attempted to sleep, but really didn't. We had Thanksgiving about an hour after we got there. All the neighbors were invited so there were about 20 people in the community center. It was really nice, and as soon as we were done, I fell asleep for about 4 hours. Then we all watched Wall-E. And I fell asleep for the last half and slept until the next morning on the couch. 
Sunday was church. And afterwards we spent a lot of time reading www.stuffwhitepeoplelike.com and finding out why I'm a sucker for everything I interpret as important for the Ultimate White Life. Really it was a laid-back Thanksgiving, but really good to be home. 
Dad made a great breakfast on Monday morning before we headed out. We jokingly tried to talk Kaitlynn into coming back with Brad and I until Christmas. She thought about it pretty hard. We told her it would be a long time and that she couldn't come back even if she missed her mom & dad. You could see the little wheels turning, and finally she said, "Do you have ice cream?"
hahaha. Oh, we love her. What a good Carbiener she is. 
And last night we went with most of our friends (miss you Ariana!!) to look at the temple lights for Family Home Evening and then to Chili's (which Ariana did get to stop by for). Just a relaxing night at home. It's always good to go home. It's always good to be back. 

4 comments:

Sweet Em said...

Happy Thanksgiving -

Stuffwhitepeoplelike is so freakin hilarious... I love that 1/2 of the things I do (so I laugh) and 1/2 of the rest I know people who do them (so I laugh)

Ha Ha Ha

Anonymous said...

I missed you guys too, just one more night of teaching!

And thanks for putting up with me last night. I put oscar the grouch to shame with my crabbiness.

RC said...

So they came, we ate and then they left. It was a great time and we enjoyed your visit so much. Sorry it is so hectic everytime you come but that is our lives around here. We were glad that you could fit us in and come and enjoy the finest in fried turkey plus all the other stuff that goes along with it. We miss your laugh and Brad's sense of humor. We loved the stuffwhitepeoplelike and laughed at all of them that you do and even the ones you would like to do. Please come again about Christmas time and MAYBE we can slow down some and enjoy you two some more. Love you, Dad

MindySue said...

oh how A-DORABLE! "do you have icecream"....little kids are so easy to please. What a doll!