Wednesday, December 17, 2008

The Organic Perspective

So one thing about hanging out with John is that I'm discovering all the little restaurants around here that I couldn't find on my own. And I love love love them.
Last week we went to True Food Kitchen, a resturant based on the Glycemic Index and Dr. Weil and smells like WheatGrass. We had fancy non-alcoholic drinks - I had a No-jito (Honey Ginger Lemonade with Mint). He had The Medicine Man (a berry drink made with Olivello berries, which apparently are only served at this one restaurant in America). So delicious. We had butternut squash ravioli with yogurt sauce and chicken with squash and brussel sprouts and farro (like barley). And for dessert we had a flourless chocolate cupcake with a melted center and diced pears on top. And a slice of dark chocolate with a tiny scoop of vanilla ice cream on the side. We sat on the patio under the heaters and had so much fun. :o)
Today for lunch we went to The Green Restaurant. Which is totally vegan. Of all the diet adventures I will not try on my own, it is to attempt veganism. However, I will try it at a restaurant. Especially this one. We had a Balsalmic Picnic salad with apples and strawberries and pecans. And a flatbread pizza with spinach and "mock chicken" and "mock cheese." And it all actually tasted good. For dessert, we had a soy blizzard with almond cookies and toffee flavoring.
So delicious. And so exciting!

4 comments:

Jessica McIntyre said...

Sounds like so much fun. Good job John. I love how you pointed out that you sat outside under the heaters. Right now it is so cold in Boise that just being outside is so miserable.

indeazgirl said...

Yeah. We sat under the heaters. So that we would be comfortable in our short sleeves in 62 degree weather. :o)

RC said...

The patio and heaters sounded okay but the totally veagan stuff sounds disgusting! Give me beef and pork anytime!

MindySue said...

Wow, I am completely impressed! And that stuff (minus the mock chees and mock chicken) actually sounded good, and edible. We just don't have anywhere near the culinary selection up here. It's pretty much MCD's or Sonic. Blegh!