Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Weekend Part 1


A GUY AND HIS GIRL ON THE POLE. WE HAVE NO IDEA WHAT WAS GOING ON, BUT THEY SURE HAD EVERYONE'S ATTENTION



US- FREAKING OUT

Bridget and I had a plan to have a girls' night out. Well, with a couple guys she knew. It started with her hairdresser who has a mad crush on her and his drunk super-freshly-divorced friend who proved to be too much to handle for to long. He was heavy on the defensive and all too pretending-to-be-a-jerk-crying-inside. A terrible combination, really. So we left.
After a nice little dinner at Stingray sushi. Which I really like. Except I need to remember Morning Dew sushi roll in better than Las Vegas. Even though Las Vegas is very good.
So we left. Freezing our butts off (a little rainy, maybe 60 degrees?) but chilly and we were in heels. We walked a few blocks towards a club and then hailed a taxi (my second ever) and he gave us a ride for FREE! sweet! that doesn't happen. And he smelled good. And he was from Africa and talked all pretty. Anyways,
so we ended up at Devil's Martini and danced for a bit even though it was kinda lame, but still kinda fun. I talked to a group of guys who were far too full of themselves to pay us any attention, which was annoying. But they were dumb.
So John came and rescued us. Truly rescued us. Both in the dance partner way and the ride home way. And then we went to AXIS RADIUS.
Axis Radius is the epitome of Scottsdale. People like to look pretty and be seen here. There is FOG, which is so so cool. That was my favorite. These are the dancers.

I jokingly said I was going to drop out of school and make this my job. Just tan, go to the gym, and wear cool boots.
Just kidding. Terrible. But very scottsdale.
So anyway, I'd never been, and it was fun. And I got in free, which made me feel cool. And talked to a cool guy from London, and one from Ecuador. Just fun.
It wasn't Bridget's favorite night, because, really, the clubs were close to empty and the guys were a disaster. But I loved spending time with her, and really, it's all about the memories, right?

3 comments:

breymom said...

Wow Christin, I think I'll photoshop my face on her body LOL:)

kristine [kristine. or polly.] said...

Woah... Axis Radius... Good thing I will never have the moves to go there.

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

This might of been the worst "clubbing" experience of my life... but somehow just because you were with me...maybe it wasn't!

Our next trip out will be waaayy more thought out! hahaha