Thursday, April 23, 2009

Sneaking In Some Fun





Last week I worked Wed, Thursday, Fri, Sun, Mon, Tues. So really my little time off on Saturday night was precious and short-lived. And I just sold the Bel Air back to Josh. I only have a few days left with it before it gets on a truck headed to Alabma.
So last week, John and I took it to a car show. (And tonight, we are all going to the drive-in!!)
The car show we went to takes place in a parking lot in North Scottsdale every Saturday. Every Saturday for 25 years. It is very low key; you just show up and park your car. It did make me want to spend a couple thousand dollars on the Bel Air for new paint and upholstery, but people were very nice and humored me and asked me questions about it. And it was so fun to see some of the older cars. My favorite was the turquoise thunderbird. So so cool. And no, I didn't even take a picture of it. There was also this sweet red car with surfer red interior, the coolest luggage rack, and the sweetest surfboard rearview mirror ever. It used to be in a museum in Japan, and the owner loved to talk about it. Such cool stories.
Then we went to this little ice cream shop that's been around for forever and is very original. Just to sneak in some snacks before John went off to a party and I went home to hang out with Brad and try out Buca de Beppo, which was a little disappointing. (Not hanging out with Brad. Buca de Beppo. Pretty Blah.) At Sugar Bowl, we had an Orange Raft (Sherbet floating in Sprite) and PB ice cream. Both of which were amazing. And a hot dog. For protein. :-) It was such a cute little place and so fun.

Oh, and a little self-conscious side note. My tummy is a little more obvious than in pictures from a few weeks ago. We can thank the fact that I took an entire month off of working out to focus on eating easter candy, cookies from the cafeteria at work, and Target Chocolate Chunk Hazelnut Biscotti (a candy bar masquerading as cereal) while the rest of you were running 10K's and half-marathons and waking up at 5:30 in the morning to run before the rest of us even thought about waking up. I think I'm going to run today before it gets to 110 outside again!

4 comments:

Maria said...

You DO know how to make your own fun. :) Way to be at the car show!

By the way, you do NOT have a tummy. Sheesh. AND, I would LOVE to run a half marathon with you! :) There's one in St. George in January...wanna????

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

I like the pics of the Bel Air WAY better than the pics of the ham.

Sweet Em said...

You look hot and Easter candy is important.

I too love the red surfer interior!

And I love the change you made to the title of your blog!

Camille Elise said...

Cool!!! That looks like it was soo much fun!