Sunday, April 12, 2009

Easter Weekend Part IV


Easter Dinner. I've never really made an Easter Dinner. I dye eggs, but really, a big dinner? What's the point?
Except Fresh & Easy had hams on sale - 7.76 pounds for $5. Ok, that wasn't the exact price, but it was about what our ham cost. I thought it was a fully cooked ham that I was going to just cut up for salad. But it wasn't fully cooked, and it had a bone in it. This was a predicament. I had my mom e-mail me a recipe. She thought it might have too much ginger in it, but it didn't. It smelled AMAZING, and was the most moist ham I'd ever had (sorry mom). Also, I made a carrot soup I found on Glamour.com. It looked more like pureed baby food carrots, but, despite this, also was so so delicious. And we had instant mashed potatoes. And Brad wore this pimp outfit. Oh, it was me and John and Bridget and Brad and kinda felt like old times and I loved it. Bridget is moving to Park City, UT in two weeks and it will be so so sad. I love her and will miss her so much. Happy Easter!
I moved the recipes to Candice's and My Dinner Blog. Since I haven't posted anything to it in like a year. And they made this post way too long.

7 comments:

breymom said...

oooh I'm so making this soup. Ditty loves carrots and Clara will be able to eat it without any teeth! How can Bridget leave??? Of course I'd go to Park City too...

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

That is funny!
How can I leave? Maybe I don't know what I am thinking!
It was the best ham ever... and the best company too!

RC said...

The food sounded great and Brad, those socks ROCK! I am sure you would be the envy of every old duffer in Walmart in Bullhead. You need to upgrade to plaid bermuda shorts though. Glad you all had a great time.

Sweet Em said...

I concur with RC's comment on Brad's "pimp" outfit.

I thought that the close up picture of the ham was a landscape shot of red rocks! LOL, but on second glance it looks YUMMY!

Maria said...

First of all, all of your celebrations sound so so fun. :) You have some fun people you've surrounded yourself with (and frankly, anyone who thinks to stick peeps to the wall has got to be a great person.)

Secondly, I wish that I had seen a "landscape shot of red rocks" when I first glanced at that shot of ham. I thought it was a picture of someone's internal organs. YUCK. And then, when I realized it was ham, it looked delicious. Tee hee!!

Anonymous said...

haha! Of course anyone who thinks to stick peeps to the wall is a great person. Go Arianne! And her accomplice in it has to be pretty stinking cool too...

p.s. For all of you people out there who don't know me, my name is Ariana. Arianne is my best friend.

Emily said...

I've been catching up... and trying to figure out again why you aren't married to John. Cute pictures. Fun eggs. Come to see Bridget in Park City. We're like 30 minutes away.