Monday, April 06, 2009

What a Fun Little Conference Watching-Pickles Meeting-Baby Shower Throwing- Desert Photo Shooting of a Weekend This Was.


Ok, so I really do like being social. I question myself on this once in awhile because sometimes I simply do not like the groups in which I find myself. But surrounded by friends or even people I just find enjoyable? I love it. And I don't get tired of it. At all. So this weekend. Was great for me.
First. Conference watching. Conference is back again. And we love it. Me, Brad, John, Bridget, Tyler, and Pickles. Bridget brought over English Muffins from her work, LGO. They taste a little like healthier doughnuts. Brad made amazing swiss cheese, avocado, egg sandwiches. He did get some crap from Bridget and John about the Miracle Whip, but that happens when you grow up in a house where you don't taste mayonnaise until an 8th grade field trip. It was a nice time. A little louder than some sessions. No question I'll rewatch this session- or at least read it, but it was a comfortable and enjoyable few hours.


Next! Pickles Meeting. Ok, out of order, I know. This is Bridget's friend from Boise. Real name: Jared McGee. (I think). Pictures? at www.perfectmiracles.blogspot.com. Very nice person. He brought over two other friends last night who were pretty cool and it was fun to all hang out. I love meeting people who at least share some of my affection for Boise, and they all did.

Third! Baby Shower Throwing/Sprinkles Eating. Larry from my work got married last year to a cute girl Amanda from Tennessee. They met on the internet and are adorable. And she is due now on April 25th. But she doesn't know too many people here, so Bridgette (from work) and I threw her a fun little baby shower on Saturday. (I missed the second session of conference. I spaced it when the planning began.) Bridgette brought cute little butterfly and flower decorations and some sandwiches. I brought the cupcakes and provided the house. And the baby food for that crazy tasting guessing game. Baby Mac & Cheese is so gross!! It was fun to hang out with some of my favorite work people and I really like Amanda, too. A few people stayed til almost 5- four hours after it started. I loved every minute. And the cupcakes were delightfully delicious. They had little pink bunnies and little baby bottles and were caramel praline and carrot cake and chocolate and vanilla. If you ever get a Sprinkles where you live, don't get Vanilla. It's so boring. Not like Blue Bell Homemade Vanilla Ice Cream. That's Different.






So people all day Saturday.

Then...

Sunday. Me and Brad and John and Tyler and Ariana. Ariana brought over delicious little oatmeal muffins for the morning session, reminiscient of October conference and our Women's Health muffins. A little more tired. But I definitely heard all the talks, and they were really excellent. Lots of temple & happiness & peace & productivity talks. Then I took a wonderful nap. ahh. nap time.

Second session was probably the most chill. Just me, John, & Brad.

Then I ROUND BRUSHED my hair. This to me is somewhat craziness. I do not really understand the appeal of doing ones' hair for 30-40 minutes everyday. This seems like a very long & tedious process that serves only to take that much longer for me to get to Target. Or clean the house. Or get the mail. Really. It just seems like it takes absolutely forever. But. Vanie, the girl who cut my hair in February, makes my hair look beautiful when she round brushes it AND she came over to teach me on Monday, and we did our hair together and I was crazy late to FHE but it was fun anyways.


So, Bridget loves to take pictures. Bridget wanted to take pictures of me (and John) in the desert. She told me to do curls. I assume that meant round brush since I didn't have a curling iron. I will never ever be a cosmetologist. I swear this to you. But I did it. And I had some big Utah girl hair. Vanie is a convert. But she gets the Utah hair thing. This she was born with.

So outfits, bar stools, and boots in tow, we packed up the Bel Air and headed out to the desert. I posted 50 pictures on facebook. Can I just tell you? These pictures turned out amazing and were so much fun. And I swear to you, the first person to ask me if these were engagement pictures will be shot on contact. No. They were us messing around and Bridget loving both her amazing talent and her amazing camera. And it just so happened that John and I have some great individual pictures and a few thankfully cool pictures together. And the Bel Air looks cool, too. Here's a few shots.









Great Weekend.



5 comments:

RC said...

I just wish you would get out and do something once in a while. I hate thinking you're at home alone all the time.....seriously, how in the heck do you fit it all in??!! This made me tired just reading it all. Showers, pictures, conference, parties, cupcakes, egg sandwiches... come on kid, take a breath will you? Sounded like a great time, wish I had your energy.

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

1. I love you and your pretty face.

2. I think that if you just called me B-Ridge in your blog then you wouldn't have to differentiate between me and work Bridgette... and you AWLAYS call me B-Ridge anyway.

3. Thank you for the compliments.

4. Have I told you how much I am going to miss you yet?

Jessica McIntyre said...

Gorgeous pictures!!! Sounds like a fun weekend!!

Anonymous said...

ever heard of a summary? i love to know what you are up to but my time is limited lady.i'm glad you had fun.

MindySue said...

sounds like a great weekend. isn't it weird how when we were kids, conference was like torture, and now it's just amazing.

your pictures are GORGEOUS. I especially like the one from the backseat of the BelAir with you, john, and the cowboy boots.