Tuesday, June 16, 2009

I Love to See The Temple...

So for any one who doesn't know, I am
1- an active Latter-day Saint
2- an unendowed Latter-day Saint, which means, of my own free will and choosing, I have not yet "received my endowments" and gone through an entire temple ceremony. Which means I've only seen a few rooms of the temples I've gone to. (This is generally a mid-20's thing for girls to do. It's going to be an early-30's thing for me to do.)
But before a temple is dedicated in a special other ceremony, anyone can walk through the whole thing. Well, Utah just got its 13th temple, and I got to walk through. You still can't take pictures, but it was totally beautiful and still had such a great feeling. I am very much looking forward to the time when I get married there (at a temple; not this one) (and whenever else I decide to go through).




In perfect Mormon fashion, cookies and water are given afterwards. Here's the picture perfect reception area:

And last but not least, we made a quick stop at Emily Inglet Smith's house to see her two darling boys and her soon-to-arrive baby girl. It is always so fun and a little crazy to see my pregnant high school friends. I love it!

Thanks Bridge for an awesome TRIP!! Love you!!

4 comments:

Sweet Em said...

Someone spent a LOT of time designing the cookie and water station!

Matt, Diana and E-Man said...

Hi Christin! My name is Diana, you don't know me, but I know Bridget and I L-O-V-E her. I am jealous of you for the following: you have seen Bridget lately, and you have some serious blogging skills. You should write a book or go into business. Bravo on having an excellent blog!

RC said...

I read in the paper this morning that Moroni got blasted by lightening! It was on the Oquirrh Mountain Temple. Is this the one you were at? According to the paper in must be in South Jordan. Just wondering. Poor guy has got to be "re-gilded" now.

indeazgirl said...

Yep, that's the one! And it happened before I got there, but it looked just fine to me. A couple people were talking about it in line!