Friday, June 12, 2009

Low Maintenance

I swear I'm low maintenance. Really. I mean, it's 2:46 and I haven't even taken a shower. I did however, clean my bathroom and do something that I've thought about doing for a while now:
Take this picture:

This picture and the presence of all this stuff everyday makes me
a- question the simplicity of my life
b- have a generally messy bathroom
c- freak out when I think of not checking baggage at the airport. (ONE quart-size bag?!?)
d- want to stuff throwing stuff away
e- wonder exactly what the definition of "high maintenance" really is.....
f- be very grateful Brad considered counter space when choosing our apartment.
I used to have a pretty clean bathroom. I used to wear my hair curly every day. I used 2 eyeshadow colors and called it good. Now I straighten my hair half the time. I have 3 different body washes, which is nuts, and 10 eyeshadows, most of which I use, and too too many things for my hair. And as of last week, I have eye cream and a face polisher. Because I flipped out because I thought I was maybe starting to look 29. (I thought people would be surprised when I told them I bought eye cream. It seemed frivolous to me. Everybody just acted like it was a good idea. hmmm...maybe I do need all this stuff...)

4 comments:

Bridget "Fun" Lynott said...

You kill me.

Anonymous said...

Low maintenance?
really?

MindySue said...

that looks totally fun. it makes me want a makeover...and i have all that cream (eye, face, whatever...wrinkles are NOT fun)

Jessica McIntyre said...

My table would be REALLY full to. I think when you have access to discounted hair stuff, it makes you buy more. At least that is the case for me.