Tuesday, June 16, 2009

Park City Party Time!! Saturday

This weekend I went to Park City and had SO MUCH FUN. Here's a little insight into our fun times. Bridget has a ton of pictures as well. Her blog is www.perfectmiracles.blogspot.com. So you can get her version of the story, too!
First stop: The airport. No surprises here. Here's what the Grand Canyon looks like from the plane and what I look like when I realize I'm on vacation:


Then off to the Farmer's Market. Where I got Polly Pocket a wedding present and realized that people in SLC really love big dogs. It was probably the coolest Farmer's Market I've been to, and had I had a fridge or a garden I probably would have bought a lot more stuff. Here, by the way, is my delicious lunch from there:

Then back to Bridget's hotel/apartment. Let it be said that I think she lives in SUCH a cool place. The little fridge, the itty bitty stove, the studio look with her huge bookcases. It's all very urban in the middle of the mountains and I think it's P-I-M-P.
Here's a glance at the outside. She'll have to give you a picture of the inside sometimes.

Then it was time for a real lunch. We called Gus and trekked through downtown PC. We ate at Wasatch where the only buffalo burger available was 1/2 pound. And, well, I need my iron. Here's the three of us chowing down!



Then Gus went home and B-ridge and I went Shopping!!
The two main stops were MaryJanes & Sugarbuzz, places that she just KNEW I would love. And she was right. We spent quite a bit of time at MaryJane's. Everything in the store was 25% off because it was Park City's 125th birthday. So I got a candle, some bachelorette presents for Ariana, and, well, the BOOTS. We got rain boots. Hunter, made in Scotland, 75% off rain boots. Bridget's are yellow. Mine are Purple. We love them. They are awesome. (What you say? I live in a desert? Well, Monsoon season is in August, and I won't live here forever!!) Bridget, meanwhile, is getting a ton of use out of them because it rained every single day we were there. Here's a few pics of this super-cool store:



At Sugarbuzz, a candy store, we bought these cupcakes. They are beautiful and pretty gross. We actually threw some of them away. So sugarbuzz gave us a free dozen from another baker. And they were delicious. We also met Jen, who we told about our boots and she went and got Pink ones. So fun. Here's our pretty cupcakes:

NEXT?! A date in Provo. We went with Ryan and Cameron and it was pretty fun. First, a stop at Orem days where we ran into this Utah-rific parade:


Yes, that really is guys in white shirts and ties throwing ties to the crowd. Holy Mormons!!
Then it started to rain so we got delicious roasted corn and high-tailed it out of there.
Off to the Foundry Grill in Sundance. It was an unexpected treat where we met up with a few other of Bridget's friends. I had ginger sweet potato soup and mahi mahi. And was so delicious. Yum!

That night I slept in Bridget's toasty bed with an electric blanket and Bridget slept next to me on an air mattress. How's that for a hostess?? Thanks so much! !!

1 comment:

RC said...

I don't like Utah or Park City (too Yuppie for this ol' redneck) but I love to see your pretty, excited face when you are off to yet another adventure. I am glad you had fun and got to see some old friends (and even a few new ones!). I wish the entire world would catch the excitement you have for life.